Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
xrv750x Pilot
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone is this the only offical " Road Signed " Ford in N.Ireland it is in Warrenpoint . The G.P.S. Location is N 54.06.293 .... W 006.13.755 . It is only about ten feet wide about eighteen inches deep but has got a very rocky bottom quite tricky to cross . fw750x

·
xrv750x Pilot
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for that Dee Duble Yuh must check out the shallow one,s .fw750x:)

·
xrv750x Pilot
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Simon "Simon" WeeBro "Marty" and Myself "Francis " went on a run today and Marty took us to a crossing not far from his house.Down a short laneway it was about 50 feet across maybe 1 foot deep , Marty took us across and then told us we had to cross back again scary stuff i had visions of me falling in but we all made it .Marty and Simon took a few pics and said they will post them later. We then took a run over the Mournes and up a " Road " Loads of smallish rocks, Gravel , for about half a mile and stopped for a break .Marty pointed out a Track which went up a hillside before the Break " You would have needed to be half Mountain Goat " to go up it and Simon said it would be too rough. A quick blast down to Newcastle " Seaside town " for an icecream and then headed for home a great day out , We did not go to the Kiddies Ford i found Much too small , Thanks to Simon and Marty for a great day out. fw750x

G

·
thanks guys for a great day out. Really loved that Ford Marty. shame about the pics being so small. Will have a look later.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hi there lads with wet feet!

Gotta warn you - Wee Bro's fav stunt in the Landrover was getting THREE wheels OFF the ground over river banks.......

What's he gonna do on the bike?????

Ain't had much time to play lately - working in Dublin is taking it outta me.

AT

·
xrv750x Pilot
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi everyone i got the day off today , So i had a run up to Ballypatrick Forest . The G.P.S. Location for the Entrance to the drive is N55 09.944 W6 07.621.It is on the Loughareema Road the A2 it,s not far from the Torr Head Road . To use the Forest Road an admission fee of £2.00 is paid into the ticket machine and off you go about a quarter of a mile along the Road you get to the Ford it is only about the depth of the tyres and has a solid flat bottom on it , and about 30 feet in length the rest of the road is single lane tarmac " one way traffic " with a short section of gravel on it . The sign says the track is six miles long.Unless it has been changed i would say it is only about 3 miles long there are picnic areas along the road and a couple of larger parking places very peaceful and not to many people about. A 20 m.p.h. speed limit is posted for the entire length of the road BUT if you want to go quicker than this Dont go on it ,There are a couple of tight corners so you could find yourself in the undergrowth very easy. fw750x

·
xrv750x Pilot
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi again i stopped at Ballycastle for something to eat ,The cafe we went to the last time was shut no sign of life about it at all , Plenty of bikes on the coast road on the way up .The p.s.n.i. must have been doing a bikesafe course in Ballycastle as i passed three police bikes following other riders when i was heading home .fw750x

1 - 13 of 13 Posts