Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Inspired by a recent return to the Wetroads website about fords I decided to go out today and sample a few of my local ones.

First was this byway which is just 4 miles from my house, I have been riding this lane for over 30 years and it's changed a fair bit in that time....

Next was Wollard, this lane was under threat of being closed a couple of years ago but the council saw sense and just imposed a width limit to stop the 4x4's from using it as it is totally unsuitable for that use......

It's about 250 yds long and I have seen of few drowned bikes in here, it was up to the tank today and we've had hardly any rain recently

On I went to Stowey and just to show how dry it's been there was no ford to be seen...

It was time to get the flask out now for a coffee and what better place to stop than a nice quiet green lane....

Next was Rickford which has quite a lumpy bottom

and up onto the Mendips to ride this old droveway.......

I dropped off the Mendips and out onto the levels to do Wookey, an excellent ford with a varying surface....

I started heading back now the starter on my DR was playing up, did Chewton Mendip on the way home but it was more of a water-splash than a ford today....

Looks like I'll need a new rectifier and battery as it seems that was causing my starting problems, anyway it was a nice rideout all the same.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Looks good fun, nothing like that around our neck of the goods in the flatlands, this is the only one we have for miles around!!

Ford_with_Ducks_at_Alconbury_Weston_-_geograph_org_uk_-_461589.jpg

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Excelent Bob you got some great Fords there:thumbright:
I'm a big fan of wet roads site myself got my bike on there in a few i discovered they didnt have :cool:

·
Deer Dodger
3,199 Posts
Cracking photos there Bob :thumbup:

Didn't realise there were so many fords about :D

Don't know about having no rain ---

Isle of Skye is getting a drenching just now :(

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks like a fun ride. When shall I bring the meter around then :D
I popped in my mates on the way back and borrowed his, it's not charging (11.85), the rectifier was well warm so I suspect that's the problem rather than the alternator. If it was the alternator then the rectifier would be cold?

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
Gimme a shout if you need any assistance putting an aftermarket MOSFET one on there assuming there is space.

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Excelent Bob you got some great Fords there:thumbright:
I'm a big fan of wet roads site myself got my bike on there in a few i discovered they didnt have :cool:
I saw your bike on there Fred, how do you put a new one on there as the one in my first photo is not on their site?

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Fab pics there Bob,
but I thought there was a drought on down the South West area ?
Obviously not, again fab pics there mate thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
I saw your bike on there Fred, how do you put a new one on there as the one in my first photo is not on their site?
you got to e mail the guy that runs it at [email protected] with the OS grid reference and a photo then he puts it on but seems to be a little slow as i mailed him another new one a few months ago and still isnt there

·
Bloody furriner
5,009 Posts
Hmmm, fords. Another one of those things you left-driving lot have that we don't. Like decent commonly available bacon. :D

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hmmm, fords. Another one of those things you left-driving lot have that we don't. Like decent commonly available bacon. :D
How does that work then Michel, you have Denmark right next to you, lots of bacon there :mrgreen:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts