Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed I have a small 30mm split in one of my 04 Alp's standard black fork gaitors the other day :rolleyes: . Its along one of the creases as you would expect. Has anyone here tried a repair such as some black silicone etc. or is a new pair recommended. If so, replace with the same or try to get a Velcro neoprene type as that would mean the forks donb't need to be dropped...but are they any good!! ;)

kmac

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Noticed I have a small 30mm split in one of my 04 Alp's standard black fork gaitors the other day :rolleyes: . Its along one of the creases as you would expect. Has anyone here tried a repair such as some black silicone etc. or is a new pair recommended. If so, replace with the same or try to get a Velcro neoprene type as that would mean the forks donb't need to be dropped...but are they any good!! ;)

kmac
Hi, 2006 transalp, one of mine cracked up, too bad to repair so I got a pair of neopreen ones, £20 off ebay and they were expensive for what they are, if you can get some neopreen (old wet suit) some velcro and a sowing machine you could easily do as well. I can send measurments if you want.
Anyhow, I fitted one to see how i faired, seems to be ok, its keeping the crap out and I have just been from Skye to Galloway, in the forests, and back. It looks a bit odd but I will give it a bit longer untill I take the other one off.

·
Hill Rider
3,098 Posts
Kenny,

Buy a pair of after market fork gaitors and pop round with them. You know how long it takes me to strip down the front of your bike - you'll be out the door within an hour :thumbup:

Steve T

:cool:

Reactions: kmac
1 - 3 of 3 Posts