Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the next few days i am going to fit new fork gaiters, now the bike is a bit too tall for me and i thought i might drop the the yolks about an inch to compensate, doe's anybody think this may have an adverse effect on handling ? or should i leave well alone?

·
Registered
942 Posts
during one of my dommi's incarnations , flat track style, i had a 19" front wheel and the forks pushed through the yokes about an inch and a half, this didn't upset the handling at all it actually improved it

·
Registered
348 Posts
Hi hope you don't mind me jumping on this thread, but I'm also lowering front end of bike, looking to drop forks through the yokes, but also been told to remove a 2" spacer in fork legs.
Is this correct??

·
Registered
942 Posts
Hi hope you don't mind me jumping on this thread, but I'm also lowering front end of bike, looking to drop forks through the yokes, but also been told to remove a 2" spacer in fork legs.
Is this correct??
if you're wanting to shorten the length of the forks there's a proper way of doing it and just removing the spacer isn't it, you need to fit a spacer on the damper rod this makes the fork tube sit lower in the fork leg, done this on a few different bikes it works very well but you will lose fork travel equal to the length of the spacer you've fitted on the damper rod
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3A0RF87ly6E

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info Nick, i fitted the gaitors today and dropped the forks through about 1/4 inch and found no real improvement for my stance on the bike. I will try again tomorrow and drop to a full inch, i want to take it easy.;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts