Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to freshen up my latest toy, the lower fork legs are a little tired / chipped / faded and looking to apply some satin black rattle can paint. Anyone recommend the process / materials ie what primer/ etch, top coat and any clear laquer please, please don't be scared about naming names.
thanks.
MLC @ home 003.jpg

·
Registered
942 Posts
in my experience none of the rattle can paints are any good these days ,
since they had to take all the nasty chemicals out a couple of years back they're all a bit lacking ,
you could try a paint supplier that can mix you 2 pack paint in a spray can ,
I use a local shop jawel in Birmingham tel 0121 471 3355 and found them very helpful at explaining what I need Jawel Aerosol Any Mixed Colour 400ML Aerosol Paint | Car Colours | RAL Colours [CUSTOM] - £ 10.00 :
give them a call they should be able to give you all the advice you need :)

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can't help with the paint but a nice big old bus you've got there Stuart :)
Many thanks Phil, must have been ace in it's day and still purposeful today. Been looking for ZZR100 for a year or so but changed my mind when I found this - glad I did now.
HONDA - THE POWER OF DREAMS not dreaming of power

·
Registered
7,636 Posts
A mate sold his zzr11 a while ago (think I put an ad on here) what a fantastic bike but it's quite scary how cheap warp speed bikes are.
It scares me how easy these things do 'fast' which is ultimately why I never bought it off him lol

Are you keeping the 'wing and AT too?

·
Hill Rider
3,070 Posts
Nice bus Stuart :thumbup:

I use Car Plan satin black primer on the sump guards that i make up, and i used it on the legs of the 650 Alp, and it stood up to 5k miles of use, quite a few off road as well.

I simply degreased the legs, rubbed them down with some sand / emery paper, degreased again then sprayed the legs.

heres a piccy of a sump guard I've done :-

Steve T

:cool:

·
Beer monster.
227 Posts
Been looking at these and ZZR11's for a while now. It is shocking how cheap you can get these!
Ideal commuter/tourer and they don't eat fuel like some of the modern stuff. Best of all you can fix them without a bloody laptop!

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are you keeping the 'wing and AT too?
At the moment, purely investment you understand. AT is a keeper, Wing is an old friend, CBR = Mid Life Crisis - like a mistress, good while it lasts ;)

Anne very tolerant and very understanding, I hope I don't have to choose :(

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Been looking at these and ZZR11's for a while now. It is shocking how cheap you can get these!
Ideal commuter/tourer and they don't eat fuel like some of the modern stuff. Best of all you can fix them without a bloody laptop!
Prices do fluctuate considerably, a very relaxed ride actually 30-40 in 6th and just open throttle. It stops very well, something I'm not used to with the @ & 1500 Wing. A couple of hours out with my nephew on his CBR600 = 45mpg can't fault that. It's a lot of bike for the money :smile:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts