Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Space Emperor
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi lads!

I installed the Ricor Intiminators about 4 years ago, together with their 5w oil. I can't know for sure, but I think the front is much stiffer now, than when I installed it. It really doesn't feel good on buHow often should the oil be changed when used with Intiminators?

I've written Ricor a mail, but no answer ...

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I recently bought a pair of Ricors Intimidators but have yet to install them. Too damn cold in my garage.
I also bought the Amsoil Synthetic 5W they recommend. Not sure why yours feel stiffer...drain and replenish and go from there.

·
Registered
7,720 Posts
A change of fluid won't hurt.
I can't see why oil life would be any different with intimators as opposed to damper rod or cartridge forks.

Phil

sent from my 'phone

·
Space Emperor
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I recently bought a pair of Ricors Intimidators but have yet to install them. Too damn cold in my garage.
I also bought the Amsoil Synthetic 5W they recommend. Not sure why yours feel stiffer...drain and replenish and go from there.
You're gonna be well pleased, I think! I made the mistake of taking the bike apart, and, being slow as I am, taking 5 months to put it back together, with the Intiminators, so it wasn't until I tried another nose diving AT, I noticed the improvement. Ride it, change them, and ride again, and see the difference. Maybe even tell us about it, just to verify :)

A change of fluid won't hurt.
I can't see why oil life would be any different with intimators as opposed to damper rod or cartridge forks.

Phil

I don't know either ... maybe it's being roughed up by the valve on the Intiminators, I don't know. How often would you normally change the oil in the forks?

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Fitted them to my RD03 they do make a difference

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
I've just had some fitted and tested at the Welsh weekend so I'll report back on this,not tested off road yet

1 - 6 of 6 Posts