Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back Ohlins sorted & now onto the forks, ordered a set of intiminators from the states. Whilst they're off they're going to be stripped & re powder coated, question is how much fork oil does the @ take (think it's 5wt with intiminators) & what's the best to get?Also what's the story with fork seals? OEM Honda or others?.....

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
I installed Ricor Intiminators this year and I'm quite pleased with them. Any quality 5W fork oil should
do. I used Amsoil 5W. As for the quantity of oil I went by the Honda's recommended fork oil level (Haynes 6-9) which is
106 mm (AT '93 and up) measured from the top of the tube with the fork spring removed (leg compressed)
and the Intiminators installed.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
hes a great video on fork seal replacement https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrmYJgcGX30 I rebuild some 35 mm showa forks off a Harley recently and they use 30w oil . I got 45 mm exhaust brackets like whats in the video from a farm machinery and tractor garage . I used petrol to wash out the fork sliders after using a piece of cloth taped on to some thick wire to clean out the worst of it .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts