Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Ride the Sumo!
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much, all in would a set of USD forks cost, inc wheel, disc caliper etc off a KTM640 supermoto/enduro and everything I need to fit it to my bike (RD04) and what could I get for my original forks, etc? Basically swap out the whole front end - labour aside - wopuld I break even?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I ve done this with a KTM 990 adventure USD, if you’re interested.With a friendly mechanic and prices, the whole job cost around 1200€.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I paid us$750 for KTM usd fork some years ago, but didn't fit it when I realised I wouldn't be able to touch the ground with the bike that high. It also included triple clamps, Berringer 4 piston caliper and adaptor to suit 310mm disc. Wheels would cost another au$750 -$1000 each with discs, for a 21" endure and 17" supermoto to suit, plus another $150 or so for an axle. That would convert to over £1500. Thia is Australia so things tend to be dearer.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
And once the front USD fork is fitted, you'll need more money to buy a suitable rear shock that matches the fork... And don't forget a digital speed cluster as the original one is mechanical and you lost the gear on the wheel. ;-)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi there! You’re spot on with everything. I’ve used a complete front USD from KTM Adventure 990, with hub , Excel wheels, Brembo calipers and discs. I’ve used a modified upper yoke from KTM SX I think and welded the XRV ignition in it. Also as a speedometer I now use a Koso DB rn1 instrument. I already had a rear Ohlins suspension for XRV. Here are some pictures . 3D131E9A-C5F6-4574-9F68-E512FD5AF6AE_1569358220026.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
694 Posts
How much, all in would a set of USD forks cost, inc wheel, disc caliper etc off a KTM640 supermoto/enduro and everything I need to fit it to my bike (RD04) and what could I get for my original forks, etc? Basically swap out the whole front end - labour aside - wopuld I break even?
Hi there ... i used the front end as in forks and yokes from a Drz 400e ... then i used a 320mm front disk with a supermoto BRAKING 4 pot caliper.

This can be done very cheaply with great results .... owe and i forgot boy does it stop :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi.

I just bought a Yamaha TT 600 USD forks, hope it works out. from 220 travel to 310.

Does anyone know of a longer travel rear suspension to replace the original one?
I'm thinking of shortening the links by 10mm, but the suspension should have a longer travel.

Seat height is not an issue :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts