Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at replacing my fork springs on my @650 i have found Hagon ones for £67 and WP suspensions uk ones for £68+vat +p+p both come with oil but both companys are unsure if i will need to keep the 2 small springs in the forks has anybody got any ideas.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I have changed to progressive springs on RD07 and the replacement springs were the same length as the short spring + long spring. So expect to end up with a set of 2 long springs, 2 short springs and 2 washers. Also worth thinking about upgrading the oil grade from standard 5W to 7.5W
Hope this helps

·
Registered
388 Posts
BlindPugh said:
I have changed to progressive springs on RD07 and the replacement springs were the same length as the short spring + long spring. So expect to end up with a set of 2 long springs, 2 short springs and 2 washers. Also worth thinking about upgrading the oil grade from standard 5W to 7.5W
Hope this helps
Sorry, wasn't quite clear - did you keep the short springs or not? I've just got a set of Wirth progressive springs and going to be fitting them tomorrow - that's why so interested.

I'm using 10w oil and have heard of people going for 15w. The thicker the oil, the more rebound damping you get. This will make the front less bouncy.

:D :D :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Forks

Thanks for the help, the new ones are coming with 7.5w oil as standard, I am going to go with the WP ones.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts