Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I went to take off my top caps to check the oil levels. but have found one to be cross threaded!. it is very tight to move and on close inspection it is not right. not taken it off but I believe it will undo, But where can I buy one new or second hand. or do I buy a pair of preload adjustables off fleabay?.
Thing is now I know its like it im gonna worry its gonna pop out!:(

·
Registered
406 Posts
New would be either your local dealer or somewhere like David Silver, CMSNL - the same as for any Honda parts. Used, again, the usual places - eBay being the most obvious although you're likely to have to buy the entire fork leg that way. You could place a wanted ad on here but you might have to wait a while for the right person to see it. Whether you want original or preload adjustable is entirely up to you but watch the quality of the latter if they're from China/Hong Kong. Some parts from that region are really good for the money, others less so.

If you've taken the cap far enough off to establish that it's cross-threaded I'd be rather concerned about riding the bike since there's now even less thread holding it in than there was before.....

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it was super tight so I gave it a good look at and saw it was crooked. I have not tried to undo it, and wont until I can find a top cap.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts