Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What the hell is going on with this forum????????

I change my password for a new one. It works a couple of days then I go to log in and it doesn't recognise my new password. I use the old one and I'm back in. What are the site administrators doing????? Sort it out!!!!

Reactions: rainbar2

·
Administrator
1,770 Posts
I know there have been problems, hence the request from Vertical Scope to change passwords etc. However that seems to have been resolved, and I don't think many are now having password recognition problems. Having said that, though, my ISP has given me a dynamic, rather than fixed, IP address, and that address has been changed a couple of times over the past 10 or so days - and caused a couple of log-on problems. It seems to have settled down now, though.
Could your current problem perhaps be IP related?

·
Administrator
1,770 Posts
I'm sorry you're still having problems. However, regarding IP addresses, the forum software DOES check IP address, at least for my Moderator logon, and wouldn't let me in until I'd verified that the IP address it saw was in fact the one I was using. ( Actually, it was this that alerted me to the change in IP address - something I'd previously just ignored)

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
can't change my password

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Arrggghhhhhhh!!!!!!! most probably needs whatever is being done. But was fitting Goodridge today, needed some pics/advice....instead i got AAArrrggghhhh

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Like I said. I get that message across the screen about the security breach. I log in with my old password and get onto the site. I then go into settings and change the password. It works for like two days max then I go to log in again and I get that massage come up about the breach. I use the new password I changed just two days previously and it denies me access... I then use the old one and I'm back in. I haven't got a clue about IP addresses. I'm logging on from the same computer so surely the IP address stays the same? How can it override the new password and revert back to the old one? It needs sorting out as I'm getting sick of having to go through all the palava of password changes.

Reactions: rainbar2
1 - 14 of 14 Posts