Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just another day in the life of your average AT...YEP! It's still rolling around the swedish countryside on a mainly day to day basis doing mundane duties but at it's best when turning down unknown and new forest tracks (to me anyways)..that's what I call a fun bike :thumbup:

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Nice one MUDD

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Hi Kjell, yeah I'm down in Skåne near Hässleholm. They are laying all the power lines from north to south underground so decided to follow the road (track) along the existing power lines and venture of into the woods along the side where there were some other tracks leading off.

Well pleased with the K60's, have a scout on the back and old design k60 on the front. Still waiting for them to wear out as I have a Mitas E09 and a Pirelli MT21 to try out. The K60's have been good for the most on and off road, predictable in the wet and ok in the corners. Would buy them again without hesitation but just interested in trying the other set I have.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Fine looking pictures you´ve got there MUDD.
We can see some dirt, gravel and o assume you got there by a tarmac roads. How good/bad are those tires on these diferente types of terrain?

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well they've been on nearly a year and had snow, rain and summer heat, across fields, tarmac, forest tracks and unmade gravel roads. Only thing I haven't tried them in is deep mud. So far a a tyre I would always return too with confidence. The gravel roads here are quite chunky and feels like riding on marbles or running a flat lol..but guess thats with most tyres, just have to learn to throttle and drift at speed.

The next set to go on are a lot more off road orientated and I just know they're going to give a rougher ride but hope they prove themselves in the depths of winter..we'll see ?

Was out today, afternoon off..a wet day out is better than a dry day at work, just doing what the average AT does :thumbup:

·
Registered
78 Posts
That last pic looks great!
I´ll probably guive those k60's a try. Right now im using these TKC80 and i'm very happy with them, however i recogn i have about 600 to 800 kilometers left in ' em. Definitely going to try out those Heidenau next.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think those TKC80's are nearly the same as Mitas E09..even though they are the same size the K60 Scouts have a much higher sidewall.

Mitas on the left and K60 Scout on the right...

Found somewhere else today :thumbup:

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You know what !?...really glad that I just post pics here and not questions on how to fix this or that lol..fingers crossed it's still chuffin' across the countryside :toothy3:

Today...

coffee break and fuel up..

Then out again....

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bit of a fun afternoon, surprising what groceries fit in the panniers.. then the local pizza shop, fitted in too albeit folded in half hehe!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Well guessed..yep! a Ronson Varaflame Premier made in England between 1957-61 I believe. Still doing it's duties :thumbup: Got a few old zippos but this is one of my faves...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts