Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well well. Walked past my basket case of an rd04 today, and noticed a bracket snapped off frame. It was half stripped when I got it, so cant figure out what it was supposed to be attached to. Looked at a few pics, but nothing close enough to figure it out.
Its directly beneath the rear right footrest mounting bolt. My best guess is its (hopefully) a bottom mount for standard silencer? If so, I can ignore it and tidy it up before powder coating, as it has a produro on it.

Somebody pretty please go have a look on theirs. Cheers :D

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts
Just checked mine, and the link pipe for my home-made exhaust system is secured to it, so yes, I guess it's where the OE silencer attaches.

:thumbup:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Cheers bud. Might just fab up a bracket and weld on, then make a bracket to link pipe. Just for a little more 'drop' resistance. :thumbup:

Actually, I wouldnt mind having a 'link pipe' attached to the back of your av pic. :cherry:

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts
Better to have it on there before it's powdercoated I'd say.

It's quite a sturdy mount, more like a box section. I'll try and post a pic for you if you're the purist type (like me) and want to be reasonably accurate.

Let me know, light is fading now, but I might be able to do it tomorrow.

Bob :thumbup:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Plan is to get it blasted, then I can give it a damn good check over and fab this bracket up and weld it on the nice clean frame before coating.
The brother in laws also got a 04, but thats at bare rolling chassis stage at the mo, so I can go see exactly what the bracket looks like, but not what attaches to it yet!
Got to get this klx 650 sm finished before I start on the twin tho. It never ends. :thumbup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts