Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, does anyone know the paint code for the frame on an xr250r 1999 uk bike, kinda silver grey, I know Hammerite silver is a close match, but I was wondering if anywhere would be able to mix up a batch of the right colour.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
I take it you want the R.A.L number for the correct colour, if so i,ll get back to you on wednesday as i'm off work until then:cool:

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ade, do they have a web site, or where abours are they, I will scour the web now to have a look for them, if not I,ll be glad of any info for them.

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Ade, do they have a web site, or where abours are they, I will scour the web now to have a look for them, if not I,ll be glad of any info for them.
Hex holdings on Cardrew ind est Redruth are who you want nearly all the body shops locally get there paint from them, they can sell you the paint or mix it your colour and put it in aerosol cans for you..

http://www.hex.co.uk/

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
did'nt forget, just did'nt have time . but off the top of me ed :rolleyes:i'll hazard a guess at RAL 7006

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Hi guys, does anyone know the paint code for the frame on an xr250r 1999 uk bike, kinda silver grey, I know Hammerite silver is a close match, but I was wondering if anywhere would be able to mix up a batch of the right colour.

Honda Silver paint code for my xr400 is R-134 on the sub-frame sticker and hammerite silver smooth is a near perfect match

·
Registered
24 Posts
This one looks close NH35M Metal Grey, I don't think you will find one that gives you a perfect match, also you will need a semi matt clear.

Regards David.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cheers for all the help guys, now ive managed to pick up a small second car I can almost start to go to town on my xr and spruce her up, she needs it, 11 years old now and still on the original steel bars original clutch (56000 KMs) only major thing to go wrong was my cack handedness on valve clearences which cost me two valves and a piston, oh and a sticky swing arm bolt, learnt me lesson there on that one, well greased up now.
looking for a good rear wheel now, as mine has a nice dent that sends the back end into a pogo and the front with a slight buckle sends the bars into a wobble, usually at 30 when i,m going through the saltash tunnel, makes for an interesting ride. But shes never let me down and always got me home, hence why I havnt joined the orange army..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts