Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
might be worth a browse fro people coming over here this summer.

The list of radar's is NOT totally up to date...

Speed cameras in France
I use the Garmin speed trap warnings!

BUT, can anyone confirm my experiences that there are very few rear facing cameras? I cannot recall seeing one last year, so we are immune on a bike...? :) Admittedly all ths was non Motorway.

·
luddite
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I use the Garmin speed trap warnings!

BUT, can anyone confirm my experiences that there are very few rear facing cameras? I cannot recall seeing one last year, so we are immune on a bike...? :) Admittedly all ths was non Motorway.
Nope, that's no longer true.

The first generation of french auto radar's were effectively fwd facing, we are now on the 4th generation. I would guess that there are only about 30% of the camera's that are still fwd facing. (that is a guess, albeit an educated one)

don't know how effective the automatic system is regarding foreign plates. France has an agreement with, Spain, belgium & Italy I believe regarding this b ut I can't find any reference to an agreement in vigeur with the UK.

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
I thought the cameras were well signposted including if it was capable of targeting bikes.

·
Stone Crazy
5,310 Posts
I got flashed on the N12 near St Brieuc last year with the car and heard nothing , but things are changing all the time
merv

·
luddite
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought the cameras were well signposted including if it was capable of targeting bikes.
the automatic radar/ camera's are well signposted, the sign is the same for any auto radar

the sign does NOT tell you if it flashes from the front or takes you from behind... fnar, fnarr...

the distance between sign & radar can differ as well though its rarely more than a couple of KM.

I just found a text on french wikipedia (for what it's worth) stating that only swiss, italien & luxembourg plates can be sanctioned.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts