Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been offered a set of FT leathers, second-hand, two piece. Heard they had some quality issues, any comments/experience (either way) you would like to share?

Many thanks.

D

·
0 Posts
Hi some of the bike instructors have FT leathers and they rate them quite highly. :thumbleft:

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
I have never heard negative comments on FT, as far as I know they have a good reputation...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi mate the newer FT leathers are pretty poor quality!!! i worked for a UK leather manufacturer for 10 years and ended up talking to lots of FT customers that had issues ranging from zips breaking stitching coming apart and poor fit after the breakin period etc stupid stuff that on leathers just shouldnt be going wrong in anything like the numbers that we sore..Theres a joke in the motorcycle clothing trade that the only man made thing you can see from space is the great wall of china and the returns pile at the Frank Thomas head office :p..

Just my 10cents worth

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. I gave them a good look and they seemed well made, so I bought them. Didn't get the chance to try them on first, and they turned out to be a size too big. Bu**er!

Anyone want to buy a set of FT leathers, two piece, 48 top, 36 trousers? In good nick, no scratches?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts