Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Cant stop 'tinkering'
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some further pics for your enlightenment;

A couple of new side views:

Stripes/Flames inspired by the Africa Twin. hand cut from some old red vinyl i had (hope they stay on). Thought i would add some coulour to the white tank.

the 'Gonad pad' in close up:

Made from racing seat foam - this was to join the gap between the top of the seat and the tank, as this tank is not designed for this bike. Its not perfect, but i'm happy with it for now.

Next is to either test ride (to see if anything falls off) or get front fairing sprayed up. (Test ride i think). :)

·
What did I do that for...
468 Posts
Wow, looks good...like the regular dom's evil cousin :twisted:

muahahahahahaha.. :lol:

Are they Renthal bars ? ..and if so are they wider than standard ?

·
Cant stop 'tinkering'
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Scott :)

yes its looking a bit evil isnt it :evil:

The bars arent renthall - just a copy, but aluminium and good quality (cost about £10).

They are about 1" wider each side, and there was a bit of fiddling to do with the cables etc to get everything to fit.

They give much better leverage (not that the dom needs it!).

Luckily the exhaust sound matches the look of the bike (a bit loud) :evil:

·
468 Posts
anton88 said:
Luckily the exhaust sound matches the look of the bike (a bit loud) :evil:
Yeah !!

I am trying to find a way to get the Laser ProDuro :twisted:

·
468 Posts
squirrelciv said:
Scott go to M&P they are distributors. Thats where I got mine 250 quid delivered. :D
Yeah, but what I really meant was that I need to find a way of convincing my missus that I need one :lol: ... :oops: :roll:

·
Cant stop 'tinkering'
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Carport said:
Wow :shock:

Top job fella

I love the red sperms swimming along the tank :wink:
Thankx, I wasnt sure about the red sperms either - but they took me long enough to cut out so I put them on. :lol:

G

·
Scott said:
squirrelciv said:
Scott go to M&P they are distributors. Thats where I got mine 250 quid delivered. :D
Yeah, but what I really meant was that I need to find a way of convincing my missus that I need one :lol: ... :oops: :roll:
Could be sneaky and cut a little split in the pipe where it passes just infront of the rear tyre and say it rusted through and now needs replacing. :wink: Sometimes sneaky is good :D

·
Need Constant Supervision
2,495 Posts
Good work Anton the dommie looks great dude. Iv'e got a spare red DAKAR sticker if you want to stick that somewhere on the bike. Should go nicely with your colour scheme.

·
Registered
23 Posts
8) 8) 8) thats looking roper hardcore now m8 :) :) and whats really great is even with all those mods its no effort to put it back to standard trim, not that you'd want 2. great job fella, are you pleased with it?

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
mate thats looking sweet well done with the seat i was wondering how you would get over that , NICE JOB 8)

now hurry up and get her ready to ride so you can come up to the chelsea bridge meet so we can see her in the flesh :D :D

how is the little dude coming on strong i hope :D :D

·
Cant stop 'tinkering'
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Maverick said:
Good work Anton the dommie looks great dude. Iv'e got a spare red DAKAR sticker if you want to stick that somewhere on the bike. Should go nicely with your colour scheme.
Thanks Mav. What size is the dakar sticker youve got? I may be interested. :lol:

·
Cant stop 'tinkering'
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thirtyfour2 said:
8) 8) 8) thats looking roper hardcore now m8 :) :) and whats really great is even with all those mods its no effort to put it back to standard trim, not that you'd want 2. great job fella, are you pleased with it?
Cheers pal. :) Im very happy - just finishing off front fairing then ready to rock. Its cost me a bit more that i expected, but better than buying a new bike as i know all its quirks.

·
Cant stop 'tinkering'
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Mabel said:
Looks a bit butch for me but its a very nice bike. Looks like youve put alot of work into it, now just need to get it out on the roads while the sun is still shining
:) :) :) :) :) :)

·
Cant stop 'tinkering'
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Chad said:
mate thats looking sweet well done with the seat i was wondering how you would get over that , NICE JOB 8)

now hurry up and get her ready to ride so you can come up to the chelsea bridge meet so we can see her in the flesh :D :D

how is the little dude coming on strong i hope :D :D
Hold your horses Chad. :lol: I'm just finishing the paint for the front fairing - hope to get finished by friday - i'm trying to sort out baby sitter for Friday as wifey goes to the gym that night (buying my mum some choccies :lol: )

If i cant make it i'll let you know, but fingers crossed.

Bradleys doing great thanx - the Doctors from the london hospital came up last week to see him and gave him a full mot - passed - they dont need to see him for another 18 months :) :) :) :) :) :)

By the way nice lid :)

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
anton88 said:
Bradleys doing great thanx - the Doctors from the london hospital came up last week to see him and gave him a full mot - passed - they dont need to see him for another 18 months :) :) :) :) :) :)

By the way nice lid :)
GREAT NEWS!!!!!!

well done bradley yo soon be kickin daddys ass :wink: :headbang: i know lets build him a mini frankendom 8)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts