Honda XRV Forum banner

Frayed Dave's Yellow Peril

3K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  samwise 
#1 ·
Here as promised the pics of the yellow peril,I'm currently checking all the fixings,so far I have two different bolts holding the side panels on,and allen bolts hold on one of the front indicators on,both the bolts holding the exhaust protection plate on have sheared,and I found that whoever took the stainless cans of left the captive nut on the end of the offside exhaust box securing bolt,which means there is a small hole in the pipe which will have to be welded,both front and back sets of spokes are dying so there is plenty of work to do!

See less See more
#2 ·
hi Dave.

Love the colour - not seen that before on a dom - is it original ?

#4 ·
Yellowy thingy colour

Hi.
I think it was originally Yellow,and Black but somewhere down the line it was sprayed all one colour!

Both fork and disc shroud are black,what I might do eventually is get the colour matched,get it resprayed properly,and get a bigger Dom. graphic.

I was also thinking about a dayglow yellow,that could be quite striking.......

I am waiting for the new reg.doc to come back from Swansea to see what it says.

The one thing you can say is,you will always find it in the carpark :wink:

#5 ·
you know what the more i see of these babys the more i want one as a project bike :D :D :D :D

mrs chad pleeeaaase NO!!!!!! :shock:

ok :(

psssst . maybe i'll try to convince her in a couple of months :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

#8 ·
Chad said:
you know what the more i see of these babys the more i want one as a project bike :D :D :D :D

psssst . maybe i'll try to convince her in a couple of months :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Chad, when mine is back on the road, your welcome to a car park ride / test sitting - a possible problem is your height. I'm 6ft 2" and can just about get away with it. I'm not sure where you would put your legs ?

A possible alternative might be an Xr 600 or xr 650 - real mean machines and have longer travel suspension than the dom.

Anyway as i say try mine when i eventually get out and about with Frankendom. :lol:

#9 ·
anton88 said:
Chad said:

Chad, when mine is back on the road, your welcome to a car park ride / test sitting - a possible problem is your height. I'm 6ft 2" and can just about get away with it. I'm not sure where you would put your legs ?

A possible alternative might be an Xr 600 or xr 650 - real mean machines and have longer travel suspension than the dom.

Anyway as i say try mine when i eventually get out and about with Frankendom. :lol:
nice one mate that would be great . im thinking of the dommi cos ide hope to get an older one quite cheap as a project bike sometime next year :D :D :D :D :D :D

#10 ·
anton88 said:

I'm 5'11" with a 30" inside leg, and I've got no real problems on mine - although swinging the leg over the seat could be fun once I've got panniers :lol:

#11 ·
samwise said:
anton88 said:

I'm 5'11" with a 30" inside leg, and I've got no real problems on mine - although swinging the leg over the seat could be fun once I've got panniers :lol:
hi samwise my problem is a 37 inside leg and a hieght of six feet seven inches :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

but if i was going to buy an old one it wouldnt worry me to make some mods :D

#12 ·
Funny Year

Hi all,

Having spent the last week,looking at various NX650s,and the plastic they have,I have come to the conclusion that the"Peril" is not a 97,but is in fact a 93.

I had a look on the left hand side of the engine down by the gear shift,and all I saw was: MN9 HM?

Looking at the front indicators,and the plastic that goes over the cans,I can only assume that it is a 93,anyone got any ideas?

I managed to get a full brand new set of stalk indicators from a nice Italian gentleman,for the grand sum of 40.50 euros,the rear ones were fitted yesterday.

This now means that the nice people in motor cars have less reasons to say"I didn't see ya guv" when they try to control the number of motorcyclists on the roads of this "Sceptered Isle" by fair means or foul! :wink:

Dave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.