Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

To call it a ride-out is not really doing it justice! I'm off to the French alps for a week in early July on the TA, and I thought I'd announce it in case anyone fancies joining me. I've already booked the channel tunnel and a couple of nights accommodation, so I thought I'd mention it now while there's still a chance for anyone who's interested to get something they'd like to do built in to the trip.

So far: the schedule is:

• Fri Jul 4: Stockport-Folkestone after work.
  • Sat Jul 5: Folkestone - Chaumont or thereabouts.
  • Sun Jul 6: Stay in Annecy. Afternoon ride-out from there.
  • Mon Jul 7: get to Geneva, then Route Des Grandes Alpes as far as Bourg Saint Maurice. Overnight in Aime.
  • Tue Jul 8: Route Des Grandes Alpes as far as Guillestre. Overnight there or somewhere close by.
  • After that, no idea until...
  • Sun Jul 13: channel tunnel, ride home to Stockport.
I'm taking things at a fairly easy pace and I hope to do a bit of sightseeing rather than flogging my guts out on the bike from dawn till dusk. If anyone likes the sound of it, please get in touch. The tunnel was £65 return and digs seem to be around £25-£45 per night...

Cheers,
Tarby

·
Top Cat
1,636 Posts
Whealie was talking about running with the bulls in Pamplona over the last weekend of your holiday and may be coming back to the UK via my place in Normandy. Might be worth sending him a PM.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Don't know which way your going from Annecy but I would recommend the Col d'Areche's from Beaufort to Aime. Great high level easy gravel road. Also if your in Guillestre go up to Risoul and ride the lane over to Saint Andre-d'Embrun and then the 'Grand Parpillion' the D39T. An old military gravel road goes up and through a tunnel at the top. All legal. Have fun.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
We miss you by a month Tarby, me and Offroader are having a bit of a beano over the Alps in August. Enjoy :thumb:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts