Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, just to let you know that as Gog007 stated in another section of this planning section, i am lurking in the background and getting up to speed with how you guys operate, before joining in here.

Apologies for not being able to join in with the conference call the other evening, i had previous engagements, however, will a little notice, i should be able to make myself available for the next.

I'm also before setting up our a hidden admin TLD section on BCFr, taking on board how you all work, so we can work in a similar way.

Just to clear up one of XRV concerns mentioned, BCFr see's this as an XRV event, that we are joining in with, not a separate BCFr event. As far as as monies raised by BCFr members, we would be happy for that to be added to the amount you raise and distributed as you see you fit. The majority of our members are Brits both living in the UK and in France and our members won't have an issue with which side of the channel any monies we raise, ends up, just that its all going to a good cause.

From BCFr point of view, we see this as a great opportunity for our members to join in with a great fund raising venture, from both sides of the channel.

I'm not so sure that our members would be so keen riding tower to tower, in reverse of your ride, you must bear in mind that France is a huge place and some of our members are far down south. Many of or members are also based in the uk and would join in the UK to France side of the ride, and many from France, to the French Tower. A great opportunity for members from both our groups to meet up with other like minded folk, all raisng funds for a common cause, at the Iffel Tower as opposed to ending in two different locations. Do you think that would work better for both our membership as they would then actually get to meet. ??

·
Sir FallofaLott
5,060 Posts
Proper cloak and dagger stuff this - finally our man in France reveals himself :D

Welcome aboard mate :thumbright:

And a great first post as it answered a key question as to how you guys fitted in with the overall TLD logistics :thumbright:

Looking forward to working with you to make next years TLD the biggest and best yet.

Just so you know, MAWFr WILL get some of the spoils raised anyhow, because MAW UK will automatically give them a (small) percentage of the monies raised, as our event strays into their juristiction, and it's how the MAW Foundation work. So your riders will be helping raise money for MAW of which some of it will go to help make wishes come true for French children. We don't concern ourselves with the whys and wherefors, as it's an internal matter for MAW. A similar thing happened two years ago when we did the 5 Capitals in 24 hours - MAW Ireland got a few quid from MAW uk, our fundraiser strayed into Irish territory.

You're very welcome aboard mate :thumbright:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the welcome, alpslapper, what with gog " 007 " and the french connection, does come over rather cloak and dagger lol

as you can see i have been lurking before opening my mouth :) .. bottom line, i see this as a great opportunity for our guys and gals to get involved with something worthwhile and whatever happens, ( hopefully we will help raise a good amount for the charity ), it will be a great opertunity to build bridges for the future between our two groups, neither of which are directly in competition with each other. We both have similar interests, yours more type of bike specific, and ours, all about brit speaking bikers, living in, or visiting France. We already a few members that are members of both.

I'm very impressed with your site and how you run it, and very excited to have this opportunity of working alongside you, and will do whatever i can to make this work.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not so sure that our members would be so keen riding tower to tower, in reverse of your ride, you must bear in mind that France is a huge place and some of our members are far down south. Many of or members are also based in the uk and would join in the UK to France side of the ride, and many from France, to the French Tower. A great opportunity for members from both our groups to meet up with other like minded folk, all raisng funds for a common cause, at the Iffel Tower as opposed to ending in two different locations. Do you think that would work better for both our membership as they would then actually get to meet. ??
just wondering what you guys think about the above. As the tower to tower is your event and we are riding to support you, would it not make more sense if we all end at the same place, the Effiel Tower, and make it more attractive for both groups of riders ? I'm sure this would make it more attractive to BCFr members from both sides of the channel ? We need to know if your ok with this before we launch this on BCFr and if we do go this way, maybe you could amend the drop list wording on your TLD website ?.

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts
just wondering what you guys think about the above. As the tower to tower is your event and we are riding to support you, would it not make more sense if we all end at the same place, the Effiel Tower, and make it more attractive for both groups of riders ? I'm sure this would make it more attractive to BCFr members from both sides of the channel ? We need to know if your ok with this before we launch this on BCFr and if we do go this way, maybe you could amend the drop list wording on your TLD website ?.
Hi,

Finishing the same place would be the better idea, my other thought was it your british based members who want to ride with us are more than welcome, that way we all finish together.

Which part of the website do you want to change? we have made a few changes over the last few weeks. Can you have another look and look me/us know. I am sure we can amend parts for you.

Would your Members be registering via our website to?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
kewl, i'm sure we will generate more interest this way, otherwise it would be like we are two separate rides.

The recent look i had on the TLD website, showed the options of ride as Blackpool to Paris or Paris to Blackpool.

i guess the Paris to Blackpool option would need to be reworded, to cover all other options.

It would be better if BCFr members could register via your site, using the dropdown selection box , which club. We would also asked them to add their names on our site or maybe you could update us on our members that have registered. A list on BCFr will help to encourage others to join in and members from various areas, to plan routes to Paris.

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts
I can just remove the route option, as we didnt know how we where all going to fit in with each other, it was for just incase. We really dont need it. There is the option to select the forum which is enough, i think

I am sure the other guys wont mind the change to the form.

The only thing we need to looking at the P&P costs to send the Decals to France, oh, and if anyone want a Personalize T-Shirt too.

See attachment for the idea, the designs have to confimed still, changes to made due to the use of Make-A-Wish Logo

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok i'm back in action, been laid up with flu for two weeks and lots of other things to catch up with ....

BCFr are planning on launching this, on our website, this weekend.

1. Am i right in thinking that our members will need to register on the TLD website ? Think it would keep things simpler / tidier, if that was a requirement. ( don't expect loads straight away ! , our members are becoming very French and they have to think lots before committing themselves lol )

2. Just a suggestion. Would it be possible for the printers to do a BCFr version of the tee shirt, maybe just change the back of the tee shirt to Team BCFr on the top logo ?

3. Postage costs to France and not expensive, however our members are always back and forth across the channel and I'm sure i could take care of getting them, and anything else, over to France.

4. Our plan is to offer several options for our members, all ending at the tower in France. UK members to join in from Blackpool, or hook up at Ace, depending on location. French based members to organise various region rides to Paris.

5. We are also going to suggest suggestions for those who wish to stay in Paris area longer, or next day, which might interest your guys and gals.

6. Could you email me any final TLD logos that i could use on our website / forum, please ? [email protected]

7. I noticed somewhere on this site that it was suggested that your route being non motorway, would allow UK provisional licensed riders the operantly to join in, and one of our members read this too. However they would not be legal as a UK provisional licence is only valid in the UK.

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts
Ok i'm back in action, been laid up with flu for two weeks and lots of other things to catch up with ....

BCFr are planning on launching this, on our website, this weekend.

1. Am i right in thinking that our members will need to register on the TLD website ? Think it would keep things simpler / tidier, if that was a requirement. ( don't expect loads straight away ! , our members are becoming very French and they have to think lots before committing themselves lol )
I can't see an issue with that. The registration form should be ready to go for BCFr, do you want to have a look and let me know

2. Just a suggestion. Would it be possible for the printers to do a BCFr version of the tee shirt, maybe just change the back of the tee shirt to Team BCFr on the top logo ?
We still have to confirm our designs as Make-A-Wish have requested some changes, but putting your logo on shouldnt be a problem. Or do we put both? For cost i think we would have to have both or we would have to pay for the 2 screen to be setups. Which will increase the cost of each T-Shirt.

3. Postage costs to France and not expensive, however our members are always back and forth across the channel and I'm sure i could take care of getting them, and anything else, over to France.
We have put 50p for P&P. Will this cover it?

7. I noticed somewhere on this site that it was suggested that your route being non motorway, would allow UK provisional licensed riders the operantly to join in, and one of our members read this too. However they would not be legal as a UK provisional licence is only valid in the UK.
We dont intend to have any 'L' plates, the idea of non-motorway, its boring sitting on the motorways thats all

·
Sir FallofaLott
5,060 Posts
5. We are also going to suggest suggestions for those who wish to stay in Paris area longer, or next day, which might interest your guys and gals.
This is where you earn your weight in gold :thumbright: :D

Really really looking forward to your guys and gals being involved with TLD :thumbright:

When we have a better idea of who what when and where, I'll inform MAW France as they're keen as mustard to meet us at the Eyefull :thumbright:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
another quick question, i realize the tee shirt and patch design isn't final, but may i share these in the hidden TLD section on BCFr, just to give the BCFr TLD team an idea of what they are like ?

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts
do see why not, Tom..........................???

the patch is almost finalized, a mock up is being done now on this design

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts
Can we do a news article about this for the website?

Tom.........:thumb:

Mark................... :thumb:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
gets thumbs up from me :) ... I've had no internet last 24hrs which has not helped my plans, but am really hoping to get this launched on our open forum this weekend, we will also be mass emailing a newsletter to all our members at the same time.

Could i suggest, if you do a news article here on XRV that you hang fire till our launch. If your members visit our site and find nothing there would be a bit of a downer, but if they see a warm welcome waiting for them in France, might help encourage more to take part ?

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts
gets thumbs up from me :) ... I've had no internet last 24hrs which has not helped my plans, but am really hoping to get this launched on our open forum this weekend, we will also be mass emailing a newsletter to all our members at the same time.

Could i suggest, if you do a news article here on XRV that you hang fire till our launch. If your members visit our site and find nothing there would be a bit of a downer, but if they see a warm welcome waiting for them in France, might help encourage more to take part ?
Sorry maybe I wasnt clear, the news thingy after your launch, basically just to confirm that BCFr is takin part too.

·
Senile member, who r u ?
1,364 Posts
No worries Ian, but the news article was about the patch that has already been done, we are just trying to get more traffic through the web site :thumbright: I think what would be a good idea is if you are going live this weekend, we could do something on Monday saying that BCFr have confirmed that they are taking part in the ride ?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
We are just about ready to go on the BCFr website / forum, but I'm due out today so going to launch the TLD on the forum and by email newsletter, to all members on Monday 22nd Nov.

I'm going to include that all members have to register for the ride on the TLD site so they pay the 8.50 and of course they will get the pack and patch. Don't expect loads of registrations straight away !.

2 questions, sorry if this has been covered else where.

1. Will your checkout be able to add extra postage for France based members ? an extra 50p, mentioned earlier, should easily cover it and if for any reason it didn't then i guess the cost could be amended for future registrations.

2. Would it be possible to change the text in the drop down box for which forum, from French Bikeclub to BikeClubFrance, if possible please.

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts
1. Will your checkout be able to add extra postage for France based members ? an extra 50p, mentioned earlier, should easily cover it and if for any reason it didn't then i guess the cost could be amended for future registrations.
We have added 50p to all Registration Packs, hopefully this will cover us for most places. anything left will be put in the chairty pot.

2. Would it be possible to change the text in the drop down box for which forum, from French Bikeclub to BikeClubFrance, if possible please.
Done

1 - 20 of 38 Posts