Honda XRV Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts
We are just about ready to go on the BCFr website / forum, but I'm due out today so going to launch the TLD on the forum and by email newsletter, to all members on Monday 22nd Nov.
On your forum, it possible to put a link in the link section to The Longest Day Website?

Can you post the newsletter on here please?, I would like to see it also.

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts

·
Senile member, who r u ?
1,364 Posts

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts
Going by the pack Afghan Heroes are sending out, ours wont be much disimilar I'd say £2.00.
50p for UK

and £2 for Rest of Europe

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts
I have add a button in the Registration for to reflect the above costs.

Hope this is okay with everyone.

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts
is 50p going to enough for UK?

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts
I'd say a pound for the UK, its going to be a large letter or possibly a parcel and 50p wont cover that.
What about if the Rider T-shirt added, then the Pillion T-Shirt

what extra should be added, i guess that £1 UK and £2 Europe will not cover that.

The Rider T-Shirts extra?
The Pillion T-Shirt extra?

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
If you take the costs of envelopes / packing materials, then 50p 0r £1 wont cover costs. In saying that though i sent a tee shirt to France and it didn't cost a lot, I'm sure less than £1.50, that was not signed for.

would it not be easier to take a fully loaded package to post office and ask for a quote ?

Use my addy in France as a test address for parcel quote if you wish :-

M Ian Faulkner
La Beliardais
50600 Lapenty
France

I think a second option for postage costs on the website would be better for you guys if its not to much trouble., or other option who be to have a fixed price incl of P&P to register and get goodies pack, with two prices depending on location. ie £10 Uk address and £11.00 France address

Could someone email me the correct Make a wish logo to use please, as i would like to include this on our forum and the newsletter. [email protected]

thanks

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
BCFr forum sections set up, mass email newsletter set up, should be good to go sometime tomorrow.

new ideas :- setting up on BCFr site, a dedicated TLD members map of those taking part, one for UK and one for France, which will help members locate who's near who when planning routes to paris nearer the time.

see our "Active Members in France" Map here :-

Bikeclubfrance - Member Map

note tag colours = regions on this map :

Bikeclubfrance - Fr Dept Map

we are also setting up a FAQ TLD 2001 section, so we can add any FAQ to it.

another thought, as Ace cafe are going to help promote this event, i should add a link to them in my newsletter ! arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. and i thought i was done for the day !.

·
Fine, upstanding member
2,296 Posts
Now then, now then, I see from this thread that there has been a lot of liaison about marketing, registration and so on. My concern as someone who has lived in two European capitals other than our own is that our usual shambolic style might not go down too well with the authorities and police in gay Paree.

I also know from bitter experience that riders object to too much organisation but get white hot with anger if they are not told exactly where there accommodation is.

It is not therefore for the riders but because we might ride into real trouble that I wonder if we should do more practical organisation in Paris. I know Moon is happy to speak to police, check out the availability of parking, sort out a venue for a photoshoot and so on even though he is unlikely to be able to ride with us.

Or is this in hand?

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts
There is info on the website about one place in paris.

me, james691, snaphappy and few others already booked.

I dont know about anything about fuzz finish, just we are finish at effiel

I booked my own tunnel ticket, bed in both blackpool & paris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Its been brought to my attention recently that the authorities are now very strict about parking around the Eiffel Tower, due to terrorists threats etc, Moon has posted about this on BCFr and has offered to try and speck with the authorities about this. If you guys are agreeable to this then i think we should ask him to do so ?

as far as accommodation is concerned i thought folks were making their own plans ?

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts
i dont have a problem with that, i would guess the other guys wouldnt either......

It was decided that everyone would deal with there own beds at both ends. Folks main complaint last year we did to much, so this year it was decided that accommodation would be left to each rider

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts
Guys,

I was in Paris last week with my family, I drove!!!

I think the best place to finish would be a camp de mars, as the road here seems better for parking and good photo ops of the Effiel with the bikes. Yes i had to go up the tower, see the attach pic for the my thought on the finishin point

finishpoint.JPG
As for driving, i didnt think it was that bad, i managed to get around paris okay in the car, i think it would be easier on the bike, Basically i think driving/riding to process all the time is how it works, if you wait, you wont get any where. The only bit which was mad was the arch de triumph roundabout, sorry free for all!!! :toothy8:. I still managed to get around it, just need eyes on the back and sides of your head :thumbright:

Attachments

21 - 38 of 38 Posts