Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
luddite
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for those planning a trip to or through france next season, I have exciting news!

the newest, long awaited Generation 5 speed camera has arrived!

zoom out for a size comparison?

ok

the lower camera is calibrated for cars & bikes, the upper unit for HGV's. Obviously it takes you from behind...

they've also done away with the nice radar warning sign, & replaced it with what they like to call a " radar pédagogique"

like this, about a km & a half before the radar.

it tells you your speed, in yellow if you're under the limit & in red if you're over it

They installed this one last week. I now have no way of getting to work without going past at least one speed camera... unless I take some shortcuts... (see ride reports) :thumbright:

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Let me understand, it tells you the speed you are doing 1.5km before the camera?? If thats so only a muppet would get caught:D:D

·
Stone Crazy
5,312 Posts
Gotta love the french, I thought they had done away with the warnings !!!

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
So what's the score then Chris, I know you warned me in the summer that they were taking the warning signs away, is this better or worse?

btw, I think I'm safe now as I haven't received any 'you're a naughty boy' letters so far :cyclopsani:

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
So what's the score then Chris, I know you warned me in the summer that they were taking the warning signs away, is this better or worse?

btw, I think I'm safe now as I haven't received any 'you're a naughty boy' letters so far :cyclopsani:
You weren't being naughty were you Bob ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts