All gone ...

X-2000-TA-SOLD.jpg
Cheers Malta ... maybe see you around sometime

·
Xi dwejjaq member
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #302
Lil'Blue TA carries on trundling.

Informed that the lil'Blue TA in Malta (now in the hands of an Adventurous Young Maltese Fella) has returned from it's 3,000km+ Tunisian trip ...
07-7-17-1320-TAatTM.jpg
Message received from Adventurous Young Maltese Fella:

"Mr.©,
Just wanted to say thank you, for maintaining the bike so well over the years.
We drove over 3000km through all terrain possible, taking a few little hits along the way ... the bike ... fautless, never missed a beat.
Thank You.
"

Awww, warm fuzzy feeling.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Re: Lil'Blue TA carries on trundling.

[emoji767 said:
-;1324650]Informed that the lil'Blue TA in Malta (now in the hands of an Adventurous Young Maltese Fella) has returned from it's 3,000km+ Tunisian trip ...
View attachment 123194
Message received from Adventurous Young Maltese Fella:

"Mr.,
Just wanted to say thank you, for maintaining the bike so well over the years.
We drove over 3000km through all terrain possible, taking a few little hits along the way ... the bike ... fautless, never missed a beat.
Thank You.
"

Awww, warm fuzzy feeling.
I am looking for a new aftermarket exhaust for my rebuild.

I tried something I bought off ebay a while back but it was really really loud.

Any suggestions for ones which wont shatter the neighbours eardrums or break the bank?

Cheers
Bet he will be casting his eye over th AT next.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

·
Xi dwejjaq member
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #307 (Edited)
Black TA taken !

Despite being chained to a ground anchor at his home in Sneinton, Nottingham, Uk, during the night my former Black Transalp was stolen from it's current owner. Owner had returned from a weekend jaunt to the Lake District, he, his G/f and the TA are booked for ferry and accommodation for a trip to the South of France later this month ... so, looks like they will have to do some hasty changing of plans, unless the interweb can rapidly reunite owner with bike ...Reported as Crime No: 124-02072018.If you have information about a crime or a criminal, you can pass it on anonymously by calling Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
well, unless the thief also took the keys they are not getting it started as it has the H.I.S.S. system. And i can't imagine it's been stolen for parts.

·
Xi dwejjaq member
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #309
Stolen TA, 6/7/18 Update:

Black TA now languishing in Police Custody after having been discovered not far from whence it had been nicked.Big Thanks to whoever spotted it, reported it !

·
Xi dwejjaq member
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #310
Beefing up Security

Employing the Layer Principal, can forum members please recommend security products that are fit for use on a 650 Transalp ?Suggest suitable alarm disc locks to fit front and rear wheel wheels ?Preferred method of securing heavy duty chain through frame to ground anchor ?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Re: Beefing up Security

Employing the Layer Principal, can forum members please recommend security products that are fit for use on a 650 Transalp ?Suggest suitable alarm disc locks to fit front and rear wheel wheels ?Preferred method of securing heavy duty chain through frame to ground anchor ?
I keep checking fleabay for bargains... I'm using an Almax immobilizer 3 through a datatool anchor (epoxied in), with a Squire stronghold padlock in a locked, alarmed garage. I carry a Kryptonite mini U lock (18mm shackle) in a homemade cradle under the rear rack that just fits through the rear sprocket and spokes and tucks in nicely behind the rear disc, so it's an arse to get to with any cutting tools. I thread a smaller Squire Padlock through the front disc and if I'm in an extra dodgy area, a big 16mm Squire paramount shackle lock (NLA) that can fit around the front tyre and rim, round a fork leg and through the front wheel, through the gap between belly pan and front down tube of the frame, or even round a sign post stand and the front rim, as a tether.... no one gives a shit about alarms where I live...it's just background noise. As for chain anchors etc. ideally you want the anchor positioned so that the bike itself makes it awkward to access when chained, and the chain needs to be tight and preferably off the ground. If you have a centre stand, you could position the bike over the anchor, put the bike up on the stand, thread the tail of the chain around your rear wheel, through the anchor, through the centre stand and link through itself to take up the slack. Some tw*t will be able to rob your bike with the right tools, but they would have to be a determined tw*t... I'm planning to fit a 500W strobe on the ceiling in my garage, in a perspex box, so it can't be smashed. You can adjust the strobe frequency to around 12 Hz which is quite unpleasant to be around...

·
Xi dwejjaq member
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #312
The Black TA carries on.

Here, the black Midlands TA and it’s new owner in the Lake District ...
Tom-TA-LD.jpg
... the day before it got nicked in Nottingham !

Later, after a fortuitously rapid recovery …
Tom-TA-SoF.jpg
… the black Midlands TA and it’s new owner pictured in the South of France.

·
Xi dwejjaq member
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #313
Black TA has now moved on from Nottingham to a new home ...

301 - 313 of 313 Posts