Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks, I wanna change my front and rear sprockets, i was advised by somebody and i don't remember who, that the front sprocket should be a Honda original part as it has some sort of sealing ring or something, is this true or false? If it is false what sprockets do you recommend? i keep seeing the Regina sprockets advertised on Ebay with chain, are they any good? if they aren't can you recommend any others?

Sorry so many questions.

I just started motorbike maintenance evening class last week, i was sitting next to two yoofsand overheard them talking when the teacher mentioned a carburetter, here is the following conversation from this countries future generations

First yoof says to second yoof 'ave you seen one of those carburettor fings man?

Second yoof, 'nah man, wassit like?

First yoof 'iss dat metal fing that sits on top of de engine man, iss got holes innit for petrol and air and stuff ennit? and a paper fing dat sits on the top to suck out the dirt, know wot i mean man?

Second yoof issssit?

First yoof 'Yea man iss wicked?

Me, Groan! :( What have i let myself in for? this is the London accent of the future, 'Gawd elp us all guv!

Mind you on a more positive note, 90% of the class know a lot less than i do about auto mechanics so it makes me look smarter than i am :lol:

·
Pleb
1,792 Posts
Genuine fronts have an inbuilt rubber damper which is better for the output shaft - about 30 quid though.

I use a genuine front, steel rear copy and DID X-ring chain.

Good luck with the course.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Changed my front 16T for a Schuller 17T today. This takes about 500rpm off the engine speed at 70mph.

I see what you mean about the rubber shock absorber feature of the OEM part. The replacement is just a plain old metal sprocket but the test run seemed to go well.

Dave

·
Registered
288 Posts
The genuine ones seem last much longer than Sunstar that came with my DID X-ring chain kit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts