Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys!
So while i was refitting the axle holder my torquewrench mallfunctioned and i completely destoryed the upper holder nuts. Are these nuts replacable and if so, how do i get them out?

If anybody has any ideas please share! I'm kinda desparate!

See below for clarification

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So I managed to get the bolts out and even found replacement parts. This thread can already be closed.
Part No.: Honda 92900060350E (M6 - 350mm)

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
a stud remover should have them out no problem something like this

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Any reason for using a torque wrench in the first place? Unless for rebuilding the engine, you don't need a torque wrench on most bikes. And if using a torque wrench it must be of the proper type that fits the range of torque values. Otherwise studs are snapped... ;-)

·
Commuter Extraordinaire
531 Posts
I don't agree with that. A good quality, accurate torque wrench is likely do up a bolt more accurately than by 'feel' alone. Manufacturers specify torque values for a reason.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
I don't agree with that. A good quality, accurate torque wrench is likely do up a bolt more accurately than by 'feel' alone. Manufacturers specify torque values for a reason.
The feel part of it is more to do with feeling when the threads are about to strip. Over the years i stripped many threads on things like engine casing bolts just relying on the torque wrench to do its thing but learned you don't need them in most applications and knowing the feel of that's tight enough is all you need

·
Registered
173 Posts
Must be down to a person, I think. I recently checked (for a laugh) my car's wheel bolts with the torque wrench. Let's put it this way, I didn't need to further-tighten even one of 20 of them.It appears that I am of the "heavy hand" in this respect, so +1 for the torque wrench. But only because I am, apparently, an ape with no fine-tuned feel for the wheel-bolts. :)

That said, I do see the point how a bad / poorly-calibrated wrench can actually be worse than not having one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts