Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Its been a while since i was here last time .. Anyway, due to a stuck brake piston i have to rebuild the front calipers and now i have the chance to change some stuff a bit.

The previous owner had already switched to the stainless steel brake lines (2 separate lines) and the routing was a bit so-so, and after ive added the handlebar risers its a bit on the tight side (but i had worked out for the last few years).

Anyway, my question is, where did you route both brake lines? The right hand side goes pretty much straight down by the fork to the caliper, however the left one has to cross to the other side at some point, but im not so sure where is best. Now it crosses above the clamps in the instrument area, but that gets tight when you turn the handlebar to the max position.

So the question - where do you route them and if anyone has / would take any pictures of it to help me out?

Have a nice weekend all, safe driving!

Jaka

·
Registered
233 Posts
I did a Boano front end replacement and wanted to continue with Honda's setup where both brake lines merge at the triples and continue from there to the reservoir as a single line.

The first photo below shows the how I fabricated a mount plate on each side of the lower triple clamp to hold a 3-way union. I blanked off the the top port of the LHS union (RHS as you look at the photo).

It's an expensive solution but it works as intended and keeps the brake line movement (during suspension compression) to the lower fork area instead of up near the instruments.

The bridge between the two 3-way unions

Another view from above

Lower brake lines

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for posting. Very very tidy bike i must say, mine was almost a salvage so nowhere near ..

Sadly your solution is (probably) out of my budget, although i agree this is the way it should be on these bikes to avoid any tension on the lower part. I do get a bit paranoid sometimes when riding on rough terrain (final destination scenarios :) ), but it survived like this for quite some years.

My bike sadly already came with the braided single lines and i do not have the original setup (splitter etc), otherwise i might have done something with that.

Hopefully i get some feedback from others with the same single setup as mine.

Cheers,
jaka

1 - 3 of 3 Posts