Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm after a pair of front engine mounts for a 600 TA, as during the process fo stripping out my old engine to fit another one have noticed mine are corroded quite badly...

Anyone got any spares before I ring Honda,,,:confused:

Titch:happy6:

·
Hill Rider
3,089 Posts
Please ring Honda and then tell us all how much they are - my "spare" set are fitted and even after being well painted prior to fitment, they still look like flaky flaky things after this winters use.

Have thought about getting local engineering firm to maybe knock a set out in stainless - got to be able to take the stress as well as the Honda alloy jobies, don't they?

Hope to see pounds signs flying about the screen soon, once you've talked to Mr Honda :thumbup:

Steve T

:cool:

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It has been sugested to me to go and see a friend of mine of does steel fabrication work, and see if he could make me some in stainless, which should last a bit longer than the alloy Honda ones...
As my mate said... why is the block steel, the frame steel but the mounts sh*ty alloy....???

But may still ring mr Honda tommoz first to see what they say... as realistically could do with them asap...

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Right then, have spoken to Mr Honda and the verdict is.... How much..???? £17 + vat 'Each' (even the guy on the counter said that sounded expensive).... Plus they haven't got any in stock, and when they checked on the parts request system it said 22nd of June before they would have some....

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
I think they make them of a cheap ally to add protection in the event of a crash. If the engine takes a hit the mounts fracture first thereby saving the frame. In theory anyway.:thumbup:

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think they make them of a cheap ally to add protection in the event of a crash. If the engine takes a hit the mounts fracture first thereby saving the frame. In theory anyway.:thumbup:
So in that case replacing them with stainless ones might be a bad idea...:confused::confused:
Just a thought on that though.... the rear mount is directly fastened to the frame along with the swingarm, and the bottom mount is directly onto the frame also, so surely in the event of a crash where the engine takes a knock, then the frame would cop for it anyway....:confused::confused:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts