Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, Balam from Mexico here.

I have undertaken the task of calibrating my valves. All went well with rear cylinder, but my front cylinder has a problem. Intakes valves are good. Exhaust valve is waaaaay too tight. I can get no feeler gauge in!

What's going on? Is my timing chain off? Is the valve too deeb into it's seat? PLEASE HELP

It ran fine before I started the procedures and I had to adjust only one intake valve in each cylinder.

Thanks.

Merry Christmas

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
rotate the crank to top dead center again it sounds like your on the exhaust stroke and not the compression stroke. check the RT or FT mark is lined up with the mark in the inspection hole depending on which cylinder you are checking when you do it :thumbup:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the response! I already did that. I located the FT mark, too toght, rotated it, found the FT mark again, no go... I could calibrate the intake valves though... Any other thoughts?

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Just to be sure you now the FT mark is what you line up to adjust the valves on the front cylinder and the RT mark is what you line up to adjust the valves on the rear cylinder.
If your absolutely certain your on the compression stroke when checking the valves then the only thing i can suggest is the exhaust valves are too tight and you have to back off the adjustment until you get the required valve clearance then rotate the engine a number of times to top dead center and check the clearance a few times. Again to be sure watch the valve operation through the rocker covers as you turn the engine with a spanner (anti clock wise) to determine you are on top dead center on the compression stroke.

Reactions: stefos
1 - 8 of 8 Posts