Honda XRV Forum banner
785 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Rubberchicken 
#1 ·
Hi all can anyone tell me how I can tell if the front forks on my sons varadero are "BENT OR TWISTED so badly they wont pass a mot" to quote the mechanic. I cant see anything and it rides ok according to my son.
Cheers

#2 · (Edited)
I haven't had to undergo an mot on a bike for 20 years admittedly, but unless things have very much progressed, If you can't see or feel any difference then I doubt an mot tester would pick it up.

trick to finding a slight twist in something like that would be to take two spirit levels, as long as possible (or any rigind bar that you KNOW is flat & true) clamp on across the forks as clost to top or bottom as possible & another (clamp it in the same manner) as close to the other extremity as possible. Any slight misalignment will be exagerated by the length of the spirit levels or bars (that's why the longer the better).

If the two spirit levels or bars are perfectly aligned when you sight across them then there's no twist.

if you have only short levels or bars then use 3...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.