Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am changing my front wheel for gold rim wheels on a rd07 year 2000 and was wondering if somebody new the dimensions of the spacer part number 44311-may-000. I appear to have about 8-10mm play on axle. On the speedo side there are is no spacer. Anybody know what I have done wrong?:( Pics might help if anybody as any.
Thx

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,031 Posts
When you put your front wheel back on correctly you should have a bit of a gap. The axle clamp should be flush with the machined part of the axle.

I fit the wheel and screw in the axle handtight. Then I use a torque wrench to tighten the axle nut up correctly, whilst stopping the speedo drive from twisting round too far.

Then you can actually push or pull the axle a few mm in/out of the axle clamp. Get this exactly flush and tighten the top two clamp nuts only. When these are tightened, tighten the bottom two nuts.

The picture below shows the axle too far out. The yellow lines should be together before tightening up the top two nuts.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When you put your front wheel back on correctly you should have a bit of a gap. The axle clamp should be flush with the machined part of the axle.

I fit the wheel and screw in the axle handtight. Then I use a torque wrench to tighten the axle nut up correctly, whilst stopping the speedo drive from twisting round too far.

Then you can actually push or pull the axle a few mm in/out of the axle clamp. Get this exactly flush and tighten the top two clamp nuts only. When these are tightened, tighten the bottom two nuts.

The picture below shows the axle too far out. The yellow lines should be together before tightening up the top two nuts.
Thanks for the info, my problem is that the left hand spindle spacer seems to small and if I just tighten the spindle up to the machined flange I will end up with the wheel moving side to side by about 5-8mm. Also it will not tighten up till half the hexagonal bolt as gone in the flange. At the moment I have no idea why and will wait till FOZ1969 is able to come round and I can look at his spacer.

Thx

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi just to put everybody who read this post in the picture. Today with the help of foz1969 we took the front wheel off and found the left spacer was only about 10-12mm instead of 20mm hence the movement in the wheel so problem solved

thx all:p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts