Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering about this: I was having a look around at the local motorcylce shop, and saw a shelf full of fuel additives.

one to clean the carbs, one to dissolve the oil particles, one to remove burnt bits etc... :?:

My question, I'm having trouble to believe all these "wonder" liquids which have to be added in the tank. Does anyone have experience using these bottles? Was it useful.. that sort of thing.

Cheers!
Tijn

·
skeptical old git
1,734 Posts
I've used Silkolene "Pro FST" to cure carb icing (not on an AT - haven't had minelong enough to know if it suffers). Worked brilliantly.

·
Last of the Minoans
1,503 Posts
Oddly enough I recon FST is brilliant too - I used another 'magic' bottle (Slick 50 2-stroke) additive on my TDR 250, and because the product had to be sprayed into the carbs it managed to clog up the jets and wouldn't run. FST in the tank cleared it very quickly. I've used it since and I still think it's great stuff. As for the others, who knows? But at the prices they charge, would we really want to admit to having been duped when we knew all along that the claims were too far fetched to work?

I did try ZX10 recently, and I have to say it did seem to make the gear change smoother. There were no clutch slip problems as the box promised there would not be. Having said all that, the promised improvements in economy and power didn't seem to come true, so.......

Stig

·
Need Constant Supervision
2,495 Posts
I fill up with Shell Optimax every 4th tank and bike definetly pulls better. Pity it is so much more expensive. Used redex fuel additive before but no real results to write home about.

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
Maverick said:
Used redex fuel additive before but no real results to write home about.
Apart from the clouds of white smoke behind you!
I remember mixing up the wrong ratio before and leaving a complete white out behind me as I kangaroo jumped down the road in my car. Ahh those were the days.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts