Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been doing a little research into the poping I get from my exhaust (Motard Venom) has always been the same since fitting. I am so have a pipercross airfilter so am I guessing it is running lean from what I have read. I am looking for long life from the engine so I dont want to up the jets I am happy with the Hp of the engine. So this leads me to the Air/Fuel mixture screw... will adjusting this reduce the poping on over run? Which way do I ajust them in or out?
Thanks George

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
To complicate the issue I have been reading about the mixture screw on google.
Does it only effect the idle jet? If so it would not make a difference when riding as you are using the main jet....However because the poping is occurring on over run when the carb butterfly is closed, so does this mean that at this point that the bike IS running on the idle jet?

·
Ride the Sumo!
1,081 Posts
Dunno why but as a rule you need to fit a bigger jet (maybe raise the needle) with a free flowing can. It will (technically) increase the bhp (academic I know) but it should not affect the longevity of the engine infact, with the end can it should help it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts