Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know where I can find some colored replacements for a RD03? I'm planning to go red for fuel and blue for coolant.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Reactions: dwdufour

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
did measure... but stuck with orig.... sorry.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok. I guess I'll have to get to measuring. I'll be sure to throw the measurements up here when I do.

·
Cant stop 'tinkering'
1,818 Posts
I did the blue coolant hoses in the link above (still going strong and no leaks anywhere). I took the old hoses off and measured both the hose and the fittings and ordered various hoses off ebay and cut the lengths i needed, then resold what i had left over.

I used wire reinforced hoses for some/most of the bigger diameter tubes - allows you to bend them at sharper angles without them collapsing - that would be bad :toothy1:

sorry i didnt take or keep any measurements - good luck.

·
Registered
57 Posts
For fuel hoses I've used Tygon clear yellow F-4040-A and quick release dry brake connectors to make tank removal and bypassing the pump easier.

I have a push button switch for running the pump to prime the carbs as I haven't done the RD07A breather mod yet.
I can also use it for sharing fuel or draining the tank by disconnecting the connection for the carb and plugging in a length of fuel hose. It's handy if I need to remove the tank and it's full or for draining the tank down for winter storage.

I also used 10mm clear Tygon 2375 tubing on the rear brake between the reservoir and the master cylinder as the original braided rubber hose was sweating brake fluid.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts