Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, 5min ride home last night, and .... wouldn't go over 3k revs, finally dying! left for 1min then she staggered for another 1/2mile, repeated 'til i got home. Same thing happened last year, one of you genius suggested green wire on the side stand!! BINGO!! This morning i by-passed the side-stand switch.. but the problem remained. I have only used the choke on a couple of occasions... very little at that. But this morning found that putting the choke on Full helped, leaving me with the conclusion of fuel starvation. Checked breather-pipe-OK!
Any suggestions/order of illimination before i strip the carbs etc, thanks in advance
Air filter, irridium plugs/caps recently renewed.:(

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Easy-peasy.. air filter breather pipe full of water... neeed draining, BINGO!
That could have been messy!

·
Registered
128 Posts
What model do you ride, RD04 or 07/07A? If its an 07/07A, then when you say air filter breather, I presume you mean the transparent pipe from the airbox which is sealed at the bottom end? If so, how on earth can it have filled with water? Have you jet washed it recently, including the tank? You have water leaking into your airbox, which shouldn't be possible as there's a lip around the air filter recess in the tank to prevent it.
Puzzled and concerned member!

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Had a brief moment of panic 2mins later testing on the dual carrige-way, died for a moment, coughed then took off as normal. Model rd07a, the breather pipe with the stopper at the end, friend who races pro came round, said it was not uncommon riding lots in cold weather (condensation). She's my only transport, daily come snow, rain or shine( I went to york that day before calling at a friends on way home,150miles +/-). Must admit it's the first time i've un-bunged it, though i was adviced to when i bought her. Still thanking my lucky stars, headache tackle... pump/electrics/cdi/coils/carbs... etc etc :toothy8:

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
The breather pipe you describe won't stop it running. After all - it has a stopper in the end anyway so it's not like it needs to flow air for the motor. I think by coincidence, the intermittent fault has fixed itself - until next time.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the tube was full to the top, and water going into the rear carb, you should unplug it every now and again, remember to replace bung, otherwise will not form a vacuum, gets too much air and will not run.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts