Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
EcuaItalian on an RD07A
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Hope you are all enjoying summer on your @. :happy3:

In light of the continuous carb problems I have been having, I was wondering if anyone here has tried fitting a fuel injection system on an RD07A, or on any Afica Twin for that matter. I am curious to know how hard and how expensive it would be. Thanks and best regards,

Luigi

L

·
0 Posts
If you can find the throttle bodies, high pressure fuel pump, a place for the lamda circuit, cam position sensor, mass airflow sensor you can then go for something as simple as a microsquirt..

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts
I'm not sure about this, but aren't the later Honda Deauville's fuel injected and basically the same engine?

If so, couldn't you source the parts from a salvage/damaged Deauville and make them fit an AT?

Bob :thumbup:

L

·
0 Posts
Well they're both 52 degree 4 valve per head lumps of the same capacity with 40mm throttle bodies

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts

·
EcuaItalian on an RD07A
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Guys and Gals,

Thanks for all of the replies! As it seems, apparently there are many complications, but I'd still like to hear of any additional insights anyone may have. Cheers,

Luigi
:thumbleft:

L

·
0 Posts
That's the thing there isn't just a bolt on kit where you just strip off the carbs, bolt on some throttle bodies and plug in a control unit.

The posts on here though do indicate that there might be throttle bodies available (for TA/NTV engines) that are designed for V-twins, you will need to place a cam sensor somewhere and also a Lamda sensor, You'll also need a fuel line with high pressure pump and regulator and a control unit for the injection system. It is possible on most bikes, problem is that it needs someone who has the egineering and witing ability as well as the tools..

We're thinking of doing one for the XTZ/TDM Mk1 units if my experimentation with the GPz turns out OK but doubt if we'd bother with the XRV...sowwy..

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Something like that would need a donor bike and the co-operation/input of most of the uber-mechanics/engineers on this forum I reckon.

Would love to be proved wrong though :D

·
Registered
xrv750i
2 Posts
Hi guys :) Well, since no one injection did not put on the AT? I wonder, can still somebody? I found this site: 400cc to 800cc Small Engine Fuel Injection Kit
Who thinks about this?
Hi there. I did It. I've fitted fuel injection from xl700 to my xrv750
If anyone need I have thread on russian forum. I can give link. Or I can try to make my own thread this forum.

ps these kits are for 1 cylinder engines

1 - 17 of 17 Posts