Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

I recently remove the tank, airbox and carburators to change the main jets after changing to a more open exhaust. Know putting everything back I have a small problem...

There is several fuel overflow or drain lines connected together to one main line that dumps excess fuel it below the motorbike near the swing arm mount.

2 x connections to the carb float bowl drain fittings

1 x connection to some kind of plastic piece that connects between the two carburators accessible from above the carburators.

1 x ???

Does anyone know where the fourth line is supposed to go?

Hope my explanation makes sense! I could post photos if that helps.

Regards,

·
Registered
213 Posts
I can take a look on my RD07a in the garage - what model do you have?

Anyway I took a look at some photos on strip down and after restoration.
Pipe #8 may be the one clamped to the back of the top frame member in the attached photos?

[Its the rear one in the photo post restoration]

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can take a look on my RD07a in the garage - what model do you have?

Anyway I took a look at some photos on strip down and after restoration.
Pipe #8 may be the one clamped to the back of the top frame member in the attached photos?

[Its the rear one in the photo post restoration]
The bike is a RD07a from 1997 so it should be the same model.

I think that it is actually another drainpipe that is clamped to the frame, but I am not 100% sure. Would really appreciate if you could check.

It's just a drain pipe and the bike runs perfectly fine, but it would be really nice to get it right.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Took a look at the At - the pipe runs along left side of rear cylinder by spark plug then up to the carbs.
Could not see the end as tank in place. I checked some more photos which show pipe#8 is an air vent.
It is clipped on top of the carb then points down between the two carbs.

I've marked it with yellow on these photos

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Took a look at the At - the pipe runs along left side of rear cylinder by spark plug then up to the carbs.
Could not see the end as tank in place. I checked some more photos which show pipe#8 is an air vent.
It is clipped on top of the carb then points down between the two carbs.

I've marked it with yellow on these photos
It is indeed the pipe that you marked with yellow. It does not seem to connect to the carb and it is probably just an airvent pointing straight down.

So the reason that I couldn't find anywhere to connect it and that the bike ran fine without it being connected, was simply that it was not supposed to be connected :)

Thanks you so much everyone who helped out!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts