Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all, my first post here, hope I don't step on anyones toes!
I have just bought a 2003 Vigor knowing it was going to be a bit high for me (short legs). I have been riding bikes for years ( Velocettes a favourite). Now I need a bike with an electric start, disc brakes, an alternator to keep my hands warn, decent lights, single cylinder and a low weight. Apart from the name the Vigor looks just the job.
I would like to lower the rear using a link in the suspension but haven't found one for the Vigor specifically, can any one tell me the one to use? I have some workshop facilities that I could modify a stock item, if needed.
Also I wondered if a moto(16"?) wheel from a FMX would fit the Vigors forks/disc calipers? or even buy a rim and re-spoke it to my existing Vigor front wheel hub. If a smaller rim was fitted would I need to change the speedo drive or the speedo head? Presumably I could drop the front by resetting the fork legs in the head clamp, but the smaller wheel would probably look better.

·
Stone Crazy
5,306 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my Vigor is a 2003 model, so I'm not sure if this 1999-2000 will fit, I'll ask them tomorrow.

·
Stone Crazy
5,306 Posts
I think if you go into lings etc parts list the Vigor is not listed in the 2003 model year ,

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Mervin, yeah you're right, the bike was registred in 2003 and has an 03 plate, I checked the VIN number which says it was built in 2000 (in Spain). Took a long time to sell!
Any thoughts about the front end lowering?

·
Stone Crazy
5,306 Posts
yes mines a 2003 as well, but built in 2000 i think ,yes built in Spain by Montesa thats why they have Brembo brakes ,
as for the front lower the forks through the stantions or fit an FMX 650 front wheel maybe possible

1 - 6 of 6 Posts