·
Craigypops
6,747 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Just spoke to Galloway Activity Centre.

Latest News;

Mrs Clarck; has been moved from a 4 berth to a single room. Fri And Sat.

Mr Corriden; has been moved from a 4 berth to a single room Fri and Sat.

Mr Neil; has a 4 berth bunkhouse with 3 out of 4 placed but for the Sat and Sun.

I was taking a remaining place of a 4 berth bunkhouse with Craig but from memory we were in for the Fri and Sat. (post 4 and 6 in the Camping and bunkhouse thread).
If Craig is Mr Neil I have no place on Friday so have provisionally accepted the possibility of sharing with Mr Corriden ( subject to his agreement of course) as they have kindly offered to put another bed in his room.
This to me still leaves a few questions for others if as I suspect Craig (Mr Neil?) and the other 2 are booked in wrongly still.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
There's always my porch! I don't plan to sleep in it this trip, although I have done in the past! LOL!
I hope all the sleeping arrangements sort themselves out.

·
Craigypops
6,747 Posts

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Poor show Craig, hopefully there'll be plenty of room for everyone. I'd take my camping gear just in case if it were me mate. The forecast's lookin good so not so bad in the tent!
See you there mate.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Jim, they couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery this lot, how hard is it to have some kind of record of who is in where on what dates?
This is the latest list from Laura (Official)

If this is so you me and the other 2 in your Bunkhouse have no accommodation On Friday night.

Did you get my PM?

Could Mr McCorriden PM me please.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I'll be riding up the A49, M56, M6 from South Wales. Anyone en route looking for riding buddy (I was going to put company but some people might misconstrue this to a proposal) get in touch. What time Craig are you going to be in Roosters?

·
Registered
44 Posts
If things go to plan, I'll be heading out from Leeds around mid-day.

So if you meet a blonde driving a silver Corsa with a bike trailer (& hopefully a bike on-board) - stay clear, very clear - she has no clue what's she's doing :rolleyes:

·
Registered
773 Posts
Will you be in the Bongo, Al? Wouldn't mind seeing the set-up you have, I've been looking at them lately :thumbup:
I'm probably riding up unless the forecast is trulio disgracias, doesn't sound like there will be much parking space.

Looking for some useful info on Bongos, I came across this:

Bongos are heavily preyed on Leopards (their greatest natural enemy), Spotted Hyenas, and Lions and pythons sometimes eat bongo calves. We humans kill these antelopes for their pelts, horns, and meat. Their population is greatly reduced by hunting, poaching, animal trapping, and predators (mainly because of leopards).

Even though they're large and have long horns, Bongos are rather cowardly. They prefer to run away then fight enemies. Even Warthogs and Aardvarks are braver than them.

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
I've got to bail out of this, unfortunately.

I had an ENT operation last week and got a hospital acquired infection. I've had several days of augmented antibiotics but with no success. I've got a second course this morning but the hospital test results will not be known until tomorrow afternoon - at which point I may need a different course of a different drug altogether.

I can't hear, have discharge coming out of one ear (imagine that in your helmet) and I am in some discomfort. So I'd only be a grumpy sod if I did come.

I'm absolutely gutted as this was pretty much my only summer holiday.:(

Have a great time all those who are going.

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
What a bummer Whealie....

Get fit soon, keep taking the pills and avoid whiskey, so probably a good job if you are no where near certain forum inhabitants this w/e!!

·
Hill Rider
3,070 Posts
Boxes packed and on the bike - just need to fill it up with motion-lotion and head south into tomorrows sunshine :thumbup:

At least I hope it's sunny - been persisiting it down here all day, and having been out on the road for most of the day, I'm a tad damp, so could do with drying out the morrow.

See ya'll there

Steve T

:cool:

·
Craigypops
6,747 Posts

·
Craigypops
6,747 Posts
Was I not meant to get here this year? With all the messing around with booking etc then Alan phones, he can't make it due to work, Derek can't make it due to his roof falling down so is trying to sort that. In checking some doc's I've found my bike and car are out of MOT! Last month.

So, bike is due in tomorrow morning (earliest I could get was 1100) and car next week. If Derek gets his roof sorted we may be able to get up for the Saturday night, at least.

Andy, I know you had planned a road ride for us so apologies for not making that.

What a nightmare, lol...

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Craigypops
6,747 Posts
101 - 120 of 139 Posts