Honda XRV Forum banner

81 - 100 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
As much as i love bbq, i think fish & chips are goin' to win this time... only a 10mins blast away. + decent pair of Binoc's, never seen another galaxy! should be good if it's a clear sky. 3rd year running with good weather... hope i've not jinxed it.

·
Grumpy auld man!
1,646 Posts
Are you bringing the kettle Craig? very handy for keeping the legs warm.
:toothy10:

Andy.

·
Craigypops
6,747 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Gordon, i'll be bringing my barbie and i'll be going for supplies, your more than welcome to have a roll or 3... i'll also be bring a stove and pans etc and i know stuart is bringing his 2 gas burner thingymajig so you are more than welcome to use the stove etc if you want to go and get a bit of dinner to cook but like i say i can knock you up something, no worries m8.
I will be bringing my BBQ too so I am sure between the lot of us we should be able to feed you Boris ;)
Thanks Gents that really is very kind. Would it be possible for you to stagger your meal times so I can visit you both?

·
May Contain Nuts
2,350 Posts
As much as i love bbq, i think fish & chips are goin' to win this time... only a 10mins blast away. + decent pair of Binoc's, never seen another galaxy! should be good if it's a clear sky. 3rd year running with good weather... hope i've not jinxed it.
Tried to get my m8 to come along with his 3k telescope but he was busy and i can't fit mine on the bike.
You should have the pick of 4 planets too, all visible naked eye and quite obvious in binoculars.

if you want to find them anyone with an Android phone should download Google Sky Map, makes it much easier

·
Craigypops
6,747 Posts

·
2 bikes = twice as happy
4,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Has that finger been pulled out far enough for some action yet Raymo? I need to get the certificates sent off this week. Yours is the last one.

Sent from my iPhone with a smile :)

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Has that finger been pulled out far enough for some action yet Raymo? I need to get the certificates sent off this week. Yours is the last one.

:) will dig it out , sorry Austin

·
Registered
4,162 Posts

·
Registered
4,162 Posts

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
Very sadly, I am not going to be able to get away to Galloway next weekend as I will now have to be doing some work later in the week.... I know this is unusual for me, but in this case, it is actually part and parcel of the job!! :(

Much unhappiness on my part but with my not being able to ride the forest routes, I would only have festered..... :D

Austin, I had not yet booked a pitch at Loch Ken, as I could see that I may hit problems in getting away, so no hassles there.

Have funs chaps and chapesses!!

·
Hill Rider
3,070 Posts
Very sad to hear that you've got to work Steve. What ever next, farmers working ;)

You & I both know that you'd have been sniffing round all morning, trying to squeeze the SilverWing into the line up on Saturday morning, hoping that Austin wouldn't notice :thumbup:

Hope you find a ride that let's you ride on all surfaces soon.

Steve T

:cool:

·
2 bikes = twice as happy
4,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
Very sadly, I am not going to be able to get away to Galloway next weekend as I will now have to be doing some work later in the week.... I know this is unusual for me, but in this case, it is actually part and parcel of the job!! :(

Much unhappiness on my part but with my not being able to ride the forest routes, I would only have festered..... :D

Austin, I had not yet booked a pitch at Loch Ken, as I could see that I may hit problems in getting away, so no hassles there.

Have funs chaps and chapesses!!
That's a shame Steve. May be next time. Have you checked out my Jura trip in September. Possibly doable on scooter.

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
Very sad to hear that you've got to work Steve. What ever next, farmers working ;)

You & I both know that you'd have been sniffing round all morning, trying to squeeze the SilverWing into the line up on Saturday morning, hoping that Austin wouldn't notice :thumbup:

Hope you find a ride that let's you ride on all surfaces soon.

Steve T

:cool:
I know, tis a bugger! MUCH fun and frustration looking for a new...ish machine at the moment...

I'll be on Ardna again in late June though, so I will get a blast on those gorgeous roads. :D

81 - 100 of 120 Posts