Honda XRV Forum banner

101 - 120 of 120 Posts

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
That's a shame Steve. May be next time. Have you checked out my Jura trip in September. Possibly doable on scooter.
DON'T!! I am already in trouble with too much wandering this year...... :) Yep, and I have noticed this jaunt!

Too many roads, too little time....and money!

·
Hill Rider
3,070 Posts
I'll be on Ardna again in late June though, so I will get a blast on those gorgeous roads. :D
Buggerrayshun - I'll be heading to south Wales at the end of June and was planning on dossing in one of your fields for the night :D ;)
Let Lowflyer / Raymo / AfricaJim / Outrunner know when your heading for the furthest western point and I'm sure another little gathering would develop . . . . . only if you fancy some company, of course :thumbup:

Steve T

:cool:

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
Buggerrayshun - I'll be heading to south Wales at the end of June and was planning on dossing in one of your fields for the night :D ;)
Let Lowflyer / Raymo / AfricaJim / Outrunner know when your heading for the furthest western point and I'm sure another little gathering would develop . . . . . only if you fancy some company, of course :thumbup:

Steve T

Steve when are you comming down to Sunny South Wales in June, we could meet up for a ride.

·
Hill Rider
3,070 Posts
Steve when are you comming down to Sunny South Wales in June, we could meet up for a ride.
Morning J

Planning to wend my way south via the lakes and North Wales and then take part in the ABR Rally near Swansea on the weekend of the 29/30th June, with family visits before that, so a little wander round the hills and valleys in your company may well prove possible :thumbup:, so thanks for the offer.
As I'm not sub'd on this site I can't pm you, but if you mail me at

s t e v e t 1 0 4 2 0 0 0 a t y a h o o d o t c o d o t u k

we can exchange numbers and chat :thumbright:

Again, thanks for the offer

Steve T

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts

I can always arrange for a child to make a few acres available for your camping needs :)

I will do as you suggest and see if anyone is up for a ride out when i am up. I suspect SWMBO would object to camping at Sanna, however a gentle run out to Skye or similar would be nice....

·
Deer Dodger
3,199 Posts
I can always arrange for a child to make a few acres available for your camping needs :)

I will do as you suggest and see if anyone is up for a ride out when i am up. I suspect SWMBO would object to camping at Sanna, however a gentle run out to Skye or similar would be nice....
I am in N Skye as we speak :mrgreen:
Steve, give me a shout whenever, I am sure I can strap my laptop on the back of the bike for a wee jaunt ;):D

Hear from you soon, it can't get any wetter than the last time .....

Can it ????? :D

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
I am in N Skye as we speak :mrgreen:
Steve, give me a shout whenever, I am sure I can strap my laptop on the back of the bike for a wee jaunt ;):D

Hear from you soon, it can't get any wetter than the last time .....

Can it ????? :D
You think........? I hope so! :D

If I inflicted that on the Missus, I would be facing a divorce!! I have assured her that the worst we can expect in late June is early midgies and on Ardna, they will be blown inland.... I hope ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry guys but I am going to have to cancel for this weekend. I have been asked at short notice to cover a powerboat course up here as no one else is apparently available. Much disappointment from my perspective as I was looking forward to meeting up with everyone. I am sure a good time will be had by all and I will be thinking of what I am missing as I sit on the water dodging the snow showers.

Ken

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just found out the battery in my Alp is done. It had been on a ctek charger and reads fine at 12 volts, but I just get the loud fast clicking/buzzing when I try to start it. Tried the battery from my cbf but it doesn't fit without some hacking which I'm keen to avoid.

New plan is to frantically charge some of the other batteries I have in the garage, which I'll test in the morning. Failing that I'll try to get one at lunchtime tomorrow or get out early from work and pick one up.

Ideally I'll be down late tomorrow night, but possibly early on Saturday morning.

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Sorry guys but I am going to have to cancel for this weekend. I have been asked at short notice to cover a powerboat course up here as no one else is apparently available. Much disappointment from my perspective as I was looking forward to meeting up with everyone. I am sure a good time will be had by all and I will be thinking of what I am missing as I sit on the water dodging the snow showers.

Ken
Rather play with boats then bikes. You big girls blouse...

Next time we meet it will be trousers town and an introduction to Mr Bat :)

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
F##K!!! 11:30pm Bike all packed, just nipped to asda garage for vodka & fuel.... Paid at the till.....thought right all sorted for an early start.... Battery flat.... click click click. Friends came to jump start me, 20min ride back to theirs & tried to restart... comp flat!!! recharging now & shall see in an hour if it's the battery or ? I've a spare reg/rec off a vfr400 or autoelectrical opens at 8 to replace battery. Cant believe it, just returned from 1500miles to france & back this week without so much of a hiccup, 8hrs before this trip & it all goes tits-up. we shall see... fingers crossed

·
2 bikes = twice as happy
4,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
Jeez, what is it with Batteries just now. I guess the cold snap has killed them. Hope You get it all sorted Foz and Roamer. See you in Galloway.

Sent from my iPhone with a smile :)

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
I've just had Raymo on the phone. He is at Braemar waiting for Jim and Steve. He had to come through a couple of whiteouts and Jim and Steve will have to come over the Lecht so it will also be bad there.

Here? Well Edinburgh is beautiful this morning and the forecast for Galloway on Saturday is looking good so with a bit of luck it will be another cracker :)

·
Registered
267 Posts
Galloway - 10 ish .
Basking in glorious sunshine at the moment after a wonderful sunrise - casually farkling the bike before a quick trip round and about so if you see a black AT on your travels.......
Just carry on,chaps, I think you are the cause of the good weather. Thanks.
Ian

·
Adventurer
587 Posts
Just found out the battery in my Alp is done. It had been on a ctek charger and reads fine at 12 volts, but I just get the loud fast clicking/buzzing when I try to start it. Tried the battery from my cbf but it doesn't fit without some hacking which I'm keen to avoid.New plan is to frantically charge some of the other batteries I have in the garage, which I'll test in the morning. Failing that I'll try to get one at lunchtime tomorrow or get out early from work and pick one up. Ideally I'll be down late tomorrow night, but possibly early on Saturday morning.
Just a thought, had it been sat for a while? Try pushing it forward in gear before trying to start it on the button. Mine clicked, clicked, clicked and i thought battery even though it was a new one, a few turns of the wheel on the centre stand and it turned over on the button fine..

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just a thought, had it been sat for a while? Try pushing it forward in gear before trying to start it on the button. Mine clicked, clicked, clicked and i thought battery even though it was a new one, a few turns of the wheel on the centre stand and it turned over on the button fine..
Good tip, not a thing I'd heard of before, but that's not the cause in this case as I've had it back and forth trying to jump it from the car this morning. Battery still too weak and I can barely get the bike to fire, and even then it sputters for a few seconds and dies. Tried the charge feature on the heavy duty ring charger I have too, but the only thing that die was to nearly burn out the charger.

Sadly I'm not going to make it down this morning, it's probably now too late anyway but have a good day all those on the forest run.

·
Adventurer
587 Posts
Good tip, not a thing I'd heard of before, but that's not the cause in this case as I've had it back and forth trying to jump it from the car this morning. Battery still too weak and I can barely get the bike to fire, and even then it sputters for a few seconds and dies. Tried the charge feature on the heavy duty ring charger I have too, but the only thing that die was to nearly burn out the charger.Sadly I'm not going to make it down this morning, it's probably now too late anyway but have a good day all those on the forest run.
Bummer, have you tried draining some fuel out of float chambers (screw on bottom) to allow some fresh in, just a thought, good luck and hope you sort it!

101 - 120 of 120 Posts