Honda XRV Forum banner

121 - 140 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi everyone,

I'm new on here I am looking forward to meeting you guys in Galloway Forest. If anyone is travelling from, or through the midlands region on the Friday and fancies some company I will be heading north from Leicestershire.

This will be my first venture out of 2013 for me and my tent, really looking forward to this. :p

ATB

Parabiker.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Hi everyone,

I'm new on here I am looking forward to meeting you guys in Galloway Forest. If anyone is travelling from, or through the midlands region on the Friday and fancies some company I will be heading north from Leicestershire.

This will be my first venture out of 2013 for me and my tent, really looking forward to this. :p

ATB

Parabiker.
I'll be heading up the M6 sometime TBC Friday evening if you want to meet somewhere further north?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'll be heading up the M6 sometime TBC Friday evening if you want to meet somewhere further north?
Hi Tendays, that sounds like a plan. Not sure where you are jumping on the M6, I will join it at Stoke on Trent, so anywnere north of Stoke is good for me.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Hi Tendays, that sounds like a plan. Not sure where you are jumping on the M6, I will join it at Stoke on Trent, so anywnere north of Stoke is good for me.
SteveR & I are on our way north from Shropshire so will probably be on the M6 at some time.
Believe we're going to try & ditch the motorway when we get north of Manchester too see a bit of the countryside.
I haven't made any concrete arrangements with him yet, but can message you when a decisions made
Incidentally, it's my 1st forum meeting, so we might have to stick together incase there's some bizarre ritual they try too subject us too :hitler:

·
Craigypops
6,747 Posts
Hi everyone,

ATB

Parabiker.
Take a warm bag, that's a WARM bag :thumbup:

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
Take a warm bag, that's a WARM bag :thumbup:
Not enough emphasis there I feel... take a Warm bag!!! :iconbiggrin:

And a hot water bottle and a fleecey hat, and a warm cuddly lass if possible too, but if the last, you may be asked to go and camp away from the more celibate members!!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Incidentally, it's my 1st forum meeting, so we might have to stick together incase there's some bizarre ritual they try too subject us too :hitler:
We do have a ritual, not very bizarre thought, mostly involving copious quantaties of alchohol based beverages.:blob2:
You ok with that ? :rolleyes:

We can arrange something else if you want, what do you have in mind.:angel3::angel3:

Oh, and they are not joking about warm, I take a good sleeping bag, with a fleece liner, fleece leggings and top, and a wooly hat.

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
:blob2:

We can arrange something else if you want, what do you have in mind.:angel3::angel3:

Rolling Jim's eggs down the hill should keep some of us happy..... probably for hours actually....!! ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
SteveR & I are on our way north from Shropshire so will probably be on the M6 at some time.
Believe we're going to try & ditch the motorway when we get north of Manchester too see a bit of the countryside.
I haven't made any concrete arrangements with him yet, but can message you when a decisions made
We can be the new boys together then!. Yes it would be great if you could keep me in the loop. I know alot of the roads north of Manchester around North Yorkshire and the Lakes into the Scottish Borders, and there are some great roads and scenary to enjoy.

·
Registered
338 Posts
We can be the new boys together then!. Yes it would be great if you could keep me in the loop. I know alot of the roads north of Manchester around North Yorkshire and the Lakes into the Scottish Borders, and there are some great roads and scenary to enjoy.
Sounds good, will let you know more when I know more myself

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
SteveR, you keep my eggs out of your rituals!!!!!

They're for eating! Ok,,,ok,,, a bit of rolling maybe,,,, then eating! LOL!

You'll be fine, try to avoid the Scottish guys with bottles of whisky, always ends in tears! ;)

A great bunch of guys are going, a good laugh should be had. It's a really interesting ride through the woods and hills on the Saturday with some of the most stunning scenery in the land. I'm looking forward to it, haven't bought my bottle yet though, waiting for a last minute bargain! ;)
But, I did pay for the black pudding today so it should be coming down from the Islands soon!
Last yr was bloody cold though, I remember the tent being "crunchy" with frost in the morning! Bring it on!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm going to be staying in Scotland for a few more days I have decided. I am meeting up with friends in Acharacle on the Ardnamurchan Penincular on Thurs 4th, so the days in between I am going to do a bit of exploring, no plans set, wild camping & poss B&B. If anyone fancies joining me the more the merrier.

See you soon

Simon

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm planning to do it via Kirkby Lonsdale, Kirkby Stephen, Appleby, Melmerby, Brampton, Longtown etc. Looking forward to seeing you all up there.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi guys
since I'm tagging along on this event, I thought I'd subscribe - only to discover I joined XRV over a year ago!

I'll be riding (very slowly) across the Dales then northwards on my XT225 Serow (or if plans go awry, a DR250), so probably won't arrive til early evening.
Staying in the bunkhouse to reduce luggage. Looking forward to it!

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
On the activity centre's website there is a get direction button. According to Google I have a 26 step route to travel 383 miles in 6 hours 25 minutes. It sounds simple:

Left, left, left, straight on, slight left, right, keep left at fork, right, right, left, slight right, straight on, left, straight on, straight on, straight on, left, straight on, straight on, right at fork, left, right, left, left.

If we remove the "straight ons" that's 11 left turns and five right turns in 383 miles.

As it happens, the first bit on the Google route involves me riding down a footpath, but the road route would be the same number of left turns.

I am a bit worried that by the time I get there I may be out of practice when it comes to turning right:D

·
2 bikes = twice as happy
4,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #136
On the activity centre's website there is a get direction button. According to Google I have a 26 step route to travel 383 miles in 6 hours 25 minutes. It sounds simple:

Left, left, left, straight on, slight left, right, keep left at fork, right, right, left, slight right, straight on, left, straight on, straight on, straight on, left, straight on, straight on, right at fork, left, right, left, left.

If we remove the "straight ons" that's 11 left turns and five right turns in 383 miles.

As it happens, the first bit on the Google route involves me riding down a footpath, but the road route would be the same number of left turns.

I am a bit worried that by the time I get there I may be out of practice when it comes to turning right:D
There will be plenty of U turns you can do clockwise to get you used to all the right turns on the return journey.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Folks, assuming we're not all snowed in behind 6ft drifts next weekend, are there any other crazy fools camping or is it just going to be me? :laughing1:

Anyone know if there is an airline on site? I might bring a change of tyres, I'm off up to to the highlands after this, I thought they may be useful :rolleyes:

Cheers

:newb:

Simon

121 - 140 of 151 Posts