Honda XRV Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
2 bikes = twice as happy
Joined
·
4,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Due to the amount of snow and ice on the forestry tracks, advice from the forestry commission and from locals it is not viable to proceed with an organised ride through Galloway forest. I will rearrange for the weekend of 3/4th August 2013.

I thought it worthwhile starting a new thread to announce my decision on how the weather has impacted the Galloway trip. I am also locking the thread straight away so any chatter is kept in the other threads.

The weekend is not completely lost though as we can still meet at Galloway Activity Centre and, road conditions permitting have a road ride, a walk or whatever on Saturday as well as pub and party on Friday and Saturday nights. I believe the following people are going still: me, Nighflight and his two mates, Tenere Mart (+1 I think), Bandit, Bimbler, Elle, AndySR6(?).

I can refund the £10 paid to cover the SFC charges as they do not invoice until after the event when numbers are known. They are not invoicing for the cancelled weekend. I can also hold on to your £10 if you are coming on the rearranged date.

I am trying get in touch with Galloway Activity Centre to see what can be done about rolling forward bunkhouse and cabin bookings to the new date.
Edit: I have just spoken to GAC, they are happy to roll forward any bookings to 3/4 August and any deposits or payments will be held to cover the new date. They are going to ring round to confirm what people want to do, so if you havent heard in a day or so please contact them.

I will start new threads about the new dates and start new lists for attendees.

No one will be as disappointed as I am about cancelling the ride. I have had a good run weatherwise with "austin's adventures" so it had to come eventually. It takes a lot of effort to get everything in place, money and insurance in but most of all I dont want to dissapoint you all. Hopefully the event on the new date will be all the better for it though.

See you a few of you there on Friday or Saturday. I am taking up WinXPs offer and sleeping in the bunkhouse.
 
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top