Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to get a sat nav, I was looking to get a Garmin GPSMAP 60CSX as they seem pretty good, a friend I ride with has one and it seems to do well, it'll be handy for trail riding on the WR too... however I can't really spend much money at the minute.. I've been doing some searching on here and found a few mentions to the Garmin Streetpilot III Deluxe..

are these any good then??

I want turn by turn, be able to easily set way points on the go then "find shortest route" etc.. ideally I'd like it to log routes and be able to import/export memory map stuff.... but I guess for the £50 a streetpilot seems to cost I'll live without that for now.

What's the difference between the streetpilot III and the III deluxe?

Anyone got one for sale? :D

·
2 bikes = twice as happy
4,354 Posts
I will sell you mine. It comes with a touratech mount, a sand bag thing for the car dash with clips and mounts needed, two power leads - one with a speaker, a dinky storage bag, mapsource 6 and upgrade to either 9 or 10 (can't remember) including unlock codes. I want about £100 with the TT MOUNT

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you post some pictures please? Kinda interested just not sure I want to spend the extra £50 on a TT mount over the ebay prices as theres a few streetpilot iii's on there for £50 without bike mounts. I've always thought TT stuff is overpriced shiney things for rich BMW owners :eek::D

How do you find it for general bike touring etc? it appears to do everything the gpsmaps 60csx does, can't really see much differences.. although could say the same for most GPS units as 99% seem to be the same

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
i don't ride a BM!, rich? signing on @ the mo'!!! but bought a TT cradle for zumo 660, am not riskin' it skating down the road 'cause of the first pothole & the poxy excuse of a standard holder :toothy10:

·
2 bikes = twice as happy
4,354 Posts
Can you post some pictures please? Kinda interested just not sure I want to spend the extra £50 on a TT mount over the ebay prices as theres a few streetpilot iii's on there for £50 without bike mounts. I've always thought TT stuff is overpriced shiney things for rich BMW owners :eek::D

How do you find it for general bike touring etc? it appears to do everything the gpsmaps 60csx does, can't really see much differences.. although could say the same for most GPS units as 99% seem to be the same
pics will be either later today or tomorrow. What do you pics of? The mount, the GPS, or the whole lot? It's all pretty much like new. I even think I have the box somewhere.

I only ever really used it once or twice mostly in unknown cities.TGIF example it was brill when I needed to get through Perpignan, Otherwise I am map and common sense type of person. On the bike it's fine but you do need to get used to the pace it gives you directions at and rember to look at it- I usually miss turns in towns and do a u turn. I never tried it with the speaker on the bike. The main feature I liked was the all trip computer functions and the interactive map information as you go along. Lots of people have SP3s but I am going to do without sat nav as it just sits in the drawer unused. it's up to you. I am not bothered about selling it

·
Mines a big red one
6,178 Posts
Sharri and J have SP III's. Only problem I could see small memory which can't be improved much and trouble connecting to a pc because they have a serial interface. For £100 you'd be better off lookingfor a 2610.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Sharri and J have SP III's. Only problem I could see small memory which can't be improved much and trouble connecting to a pc because they have a serial interface. For £100 you'd be better off lookingfor a 2610.
You maybe better off with a 2610 as suggested but the Street Pilot III will do it all for you only slowly. Map redraw is slow by modern standards but it's ok on the road: go as fast as you like and it will keep up. I've had one for years and toured France and Spain with it a number of times and it's been very reliable.

Memory is limited but you can get 512mb cards but most appear to be available second hand. I've seen a few on EBAY. I have two cards. One for UK and the other for Europe. So there's no problem with memory over load. I've also used it to load 'Olaf', the toppo overlay for Morocco.

It does have a serial interface but it also has a card reader for loading the map and this is USB so you can connect it to anything modern.

I am thinking of selling mine to get something more modern.

It also has a Tourat**t mount and plugs into my 12v socket.

So if thats your buget it will do you proud.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts