Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At last some talking out and talking sense for a change instead of going with it and not upsetting anyone. I've never understood how gay marriage or civil cermonies could become legal, but the ceremonies have. We have enough screwed up kids in this country as it is with out having to confuse them any further by having 2 "mums" or "dads". Personally i don't beleive either should happen gay marriage or civil ceremonies

However this did come from the catholic church so i would be interested in hearing this guys verdict on catholic priests and choir boys, wonder if he would speak out about them as the catholic church doesn't seem to have much against that.

BBC News - Catholic cardinal criticises gay marriages plan

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
I totally agree with you Jase but wonder how long before this post will be Pc'd

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
I totally agree with you Jase but wonder how long before this post will be Pc'd
If you mean moderated it won't unless forum rules are broken.

It is being monitored though so everyone on their best behaviour please.

·
SOTGATT
3,522 Posts
Interesting to see one of Trelawny's people quoting the Catholic church eh?

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
We have enough screwed up kids in this country as it is with out having to confuse them any further by having 2 "mums" or "dads".
We have enough screwed up kids already being raised badly by heterosexual parents. Would you rather a kid is raised in an abusive environment with heterosexual parents or a nurturing environment with same-sex parents? Would you rather see a kid in care than with a same-sex couple? Are you saying that same-sex couples are somehow unfit to be parents?

None of that is really related to marriage though is it.

Personally i don't beleive either should happen gay marriage or civil ceremonies
I'm interested what you base that belief on.

·
SOTGATT
3,522 Posts

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts

·
Captain unsensible.......
2,553 Posts
Not really bothered either way, I'm not bothered by the church or particularly interested in getting married, after 16 years of living with jenny I dont see the point.....

I'd blame the straight parents for producing a gay child....

Besides, just out of interest, your boy comes home in 17 or 18 years time and says he's gay would you still be so against a civil ceremony?

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We have enough screwed up kids already being raised badly by heterosexual parents. Would you rather a kid is raised in an abusive environment with heterosexual parents or a nurturing environment with same-sex parents? Would you rather see a kid in care than with a same-sex couple? Are you saying that same-sex couples are somehow unfit to be parents?

None of that is really related to marriage though is it.

I'm interested what you base that belief on.
Personally, i would hope that the kids were never put in the positon that either would need to be considered, however if it did come to that point i would prefer them to go with either extended family such as god parents or close friends via fostering etc. As for why i beleive that i don't beleive it to be the slightest bit natural to have 2 mothers or 2 fathers as parents and role models, it should be one mother 1 father in my opion

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Besides, just out of interest, your boy comes home in 17 or 18 years time and says he's gay would you still be so against a civil ceremony?
That would be a tester and a question i hope i'll never have to answer

·
Fine, upstanding member
2,296 Posts
For 15 years I have dealt with children who have been cared for so badly that the State has become involved. Of those children, the proportion who have a single parent is lower than in the general population and much lower than in the social group to which the parents belonged. I have not come across a single case involving gay parents.

Using the actual statistics from my career, the environment most likely to lead to child abuse is for two heterosexual parents.

Over to you, Jason!

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
For 15 years I have dealt with children who have been cared for so badly that the State has become involved. Of those children, the proportion who have a single parent is lower than in the general population and much lower than in the social group to which the parents belonged. I have not come across a single case involving gay parents.

Using the actual statistics from my career, the environment most likely to lead to child abuse is for two heterosexual parents.

Over to you, Jason!
I can understand that you are using statics from your office / job that you do, but if cases haven't been highlighted or brought to your attention then it won't show up on your statistics. Look at how many priests over the last few years have only now been prosecuted and dealt with by the churches for crimes that happened over 20 years ago. Just because something hasn't been seen in public before doesn't mean it's not happening behind closed doors. It may be happening and the kids to ashamed or scared to report it, i don't know it's not the kind of job i do and don't think i could do it..

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
Personally, i would hope that the kids were never put in the positon that either would need to be considered, however if it did come to that point i would prefer them to go with either extended family such as god parents or close friends via fostering etc. As for why i beleive that i don't beleive it to be the slightest bit natural to have 2 mothers or 2 fathers as parents and role models, it should be one mother 1 father in my opion
No sidestepping this time - would you rather see a child go into care than be adopted by a gay couple? Yes or no.

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
personal opion yes, but i want to make it clear i don't have a problem with gay people before i get mis-understood here. However i do not believe for one instance that it is natural for children to be brought up by gay couples and stand by what i said at the beginning about the kids being, or ending up seriously confused and having mental issues in 20 years time over issues like this.

This is an issue thats only real come of light over the last few years and nobody knows what the out come of these circumstances are yet as it's in it's infancy yet, it's the kids i care about not the gay couple.

G

·

None of that is really related to marriage though is it..
Nail on head.. Gay marriages have few if any children and even unmarried gay couples are allowed to foster and adopt..

This is just a case of an old fart talking about crap that isn't even related just for the chance of being on the news :rolleyes:

I am though surprised at the latent homophobia displayed by a few forum members in agreeing to some bloke who wears a dress for a living, let the RC Church sort out their paedophile problem before hitting out at other groups :(

·
Site Admin
2,420 Posts

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
I know there are gay members on this very forum!! Give us a kiss and I'll tell you who they are!;) The Latent homophobes normally have the most to hide in those dark corners?? Ask my old man about the catholic priests and nuns in the 30s. Some good uns but also sadists and pervs put him right off the church for life.

1 - 20 of 130 Posts