Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Assume gear lever was worn, purchased new one, shaft also worn :( would it be ok to weld for now? I assume it's engine out and strip etc ?
Any other ideas ?
Could I drill through pedal and shaft tap it then add grub screw ?
What options do I have
Tia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Assume gear lever was worn, purchased new one, shaft also worn :( would it be ok to weld for now? I assume it's engine out and strip etc ?
Any other ideas ?
Could I drill through pedal and shaft tap it then add grub screw ?
What options do I have
Tia

I have a similar situation, except I haven't bought a new pedal yet. I put a screw into then pin-slot between the shaft and bore of the pedal - it keeps the pedal from falling off, but I've still get some slack on the pedal afterwards which I can fix with a bit of locktite and rescrewing.

But I think your idea is better.?

·
Registered
485 Posts
changing the gear shift is a laborious task engine out split engine time effort cost .
i had the same problem i tried this and it still works
put gear change lever on shaft pinch some of the wifes sewing needles ,the thin ones for button refit .
push needles in where you can all the way round allen bolt washer nut take up all slack .
certainly worked for me would appear needles are made of hardened steel.
all slack taken up gear changes easy

·
Registered
695 Posts
If you cut a slice out of the gear lever where the two sides come together when you tighten the bolt. This will enable the clamp to squeeze down tighter and this may remove the play between shaft and lever.

Reactions: S1mm

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thansk for all the replies manger to get my new one to grip enough for now
Thanks again :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts