Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm in he process of developing a gear position indicator. Yes there are a few designs out there using PIC micro-controllers, source code, and all sorts of wizardry, and I'll be following the same path, BUT, I'll also develop one that does the same job, using simple digital gates without any programming...

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Sounds interesting indeed. I want one for my modified 6 speed Africa Twin. :D Keep us posted on your developments.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
GSPD750, I'll do so. Some "pro" riders will argue, that if you need a gear position indicator, your riding style is a danger to your fellow riding-society. Other's will argue it's as simple as counting from 1 to 5. In my case, and I'm sure I speak for a few okes, bashing around on miles of narrow cattle paths, negotiating trees, dongas, sand, streams and the odd donkey (long story) I don't particularly like fishing in the gearbox. I believe a quick glance at a single, brightly lit gear number display, makes for safer, sensible and more enjoyable riding.

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Mines simple

If I've gone below 5000 rpm I'm in the wrong gear

Reactions: serious3

·
Stone Crazy
5,311 Posts
we had a suzuki GN250 with a gear position indicator , most pointless thing ever .My Scania truck has one that is automatic it also tells you which gear it is going to change to next , that is useful though , because sometimes it refuses to change from 11th to 12th , and you can give it a nudge manually to make it do it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts