Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all..
My Spain trip looms closer and I'm finalising all the 'optional extra' stuff.
My Italy trip last year I had a gel pack that is for wheelchair users, which I velcroed to my seat.
It was a god send, but did shift around alot.

So what I'd like to do this year is either put on alot of wieght to ad my butt, or get a custom seat made, preferable out of the same gel material.
Failing that, ANYTHING more comfy than the bog standard seat will do!
Scott at bandit bikes suggested that the harsh angle of the dommy seat won't help matters.

Anyhoo, enough of my life story, does anyone know a custom seat maker, or any other options for creating a happier arse? (No smut please ;-p )

Tris...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi all..
My Spain trip looms closer and I'm finalising all the 'optional extra' stuff.
My Italy trip last year I had a gel pack that is for wheelchair users, which I velcroed to my seat.
It was a god send, but did shift around alot.

So what I'd like to do this year is either put on alot of wieght to ad my butt, or get a custom seat made, preferable out of the same gel material.
Failing that, ANYTHING more comfy than the bog standard seat will do!
Scott at bandit bikes suggested that the harsh angle of the dommy seat won't help matters.

Anyhoo, enough of my life story, does anyone know a custom seat maker, or any other options for creating a happier arse? (No smut please ;-p )

Tris...

I got feed up with the numb bum syndrome of the standard NX seat,so i fitted my spare Yamaha FJ 1200 seat on mine.Now i can ride it all day in complete comfort.:D:D

Rgds Jeff.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I've got one of those already, but I found that it all bunched up after a few 100 kms.
it really made alot of difference, but I'm just being fussy now, I wanna whole seat ;-p
you'll do well with that..!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I've had the FJ seat on for over a 1,000 miles now,I can't stop riding with it,I intend to take the Dommi out for a 60 mile blast but end up doing 150 miles because i'm so comfy riding it.
Rgds Jeff.

·
chrisb
59 Posts
I found that the standard Transalp seat was a serious arse pain and avoided riding it long distances. I posted some time ago having dealt with a Mr. Tony Archer of Huddersfield. Phone No: 1484 536832
A complete gent. Brilliant to deal with and a first class craftsman. Go for it. Have the seat reupholstered with Gel Pads fitted. I did a spin to Belgium last week, from Ireland, right across the UK, Pembroke/Dover, lots of yards and furlongs throughout YourRip and MAGIC! Totally TrandsformedTransalp ;) Thanks Mr. Archer, worth every penny. Looks brilliant too.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I've had the FJ seat on for over a 1,000 miles now,I can't stop riding with it,I intend to take the Dommi out for a 60 mile blast but end up doing 150 miles because i'm so comfy riding it.
Rgds Jeff.
Pics? Was it a straight swap or did it require 'persuasion'? I have a large selection of hammers available to make anything fit, I just need to know where to hit it.:rolleyes:

·
I need a hug!
1,231 Posts
Just a thought...

My FMX seat is like sittin on a [email protected] (I guess!!) not having actually sat... Err.. yes , "memory foam".. I was thinking of looking into getting it reupholstered using it instead of the standard foam... any thoughs ????.
BIGROG:thumbup:... No I havn't been at the firewater.

·
I need a hug!
1,231 Posts
Sorry Jeffrey !

I have totally lost the plot now, say again please Mate. BIGROG :confused:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If I get:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/YAMAHA-XJ600-XJ-600-PRE-DIVERTION-SEAT_W0QQitemZ140239244218QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item140239244218&_trkparms=72%3A12|39%3A1|65%3A12&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Will it fit on my dommy, it looks wider and more comfy...
Oh I'm soo not in the know about seats..! ;-p

·
A man without Ale.
2,666 Posts

·
I need a hug!
1,231 Posts
What a Brill job you did there Mate... Well played:rolleyes:

BIGROG:thumbup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts