Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 490 Posts

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's that time of year again Folks, when it is time we retired, part-time, shift working and idle folk pondered a Gentlemen do Lunch again.

Young Phil, and I have been discussing this and we agree it is a "Good Idea". Early April..ish, maybe North Wales somewhere along the coast to make for a good ride??

Any takers still on xrv? Recommendation for a meet??

Usual format, pick a high class restaraunt (caff), ride there for around 1pm. Eat, gossip and drink tea, then ride home again, usually after 2-3 hours of gassing!

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Of course, as an equal opportunity forum this fine luncheon venture is open to any Ladies who wish to join in too. Of course, no spitting or swearing is tolerated....:D

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmm if you could come down south a bit we could come up north a bit :thumbup::toothy10::toothy10:
Thought you worked for living Pete, unlike us "ex" farmers and retired folk? :D

·
Born to Slide
1,741 Posts
Could be up for that depending on venue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Could be up for that depending on venue
North Wales coast too far? Nice run for you mind, up to Builth, Newtown and then Northwards, 3hrs+ I guess??

Fall back is always the Ponderosa, but IAH the ride there is not actually that great I find from the Midlands... :( Or maybe further westwards, near to Mach or Barmouth? Maybe a stretch for those from the NW though?

I would like to find a good Venue in the Central Midlands, to get some riding in over there later in the Summer. I think that there are a few decent roads somewhere...??

·
Geriatric Teenager
101 Posts
Count me in Steve, here's hoping I am free once the date is set! Like the high class bit - tea from china cups and saucers?

Paul

It's that time of year again Folks, when it is time we retired, part-time, shift working and idle folk pondered a Gentlemen do Lunch again.

Young Phil, and I have been discussing this and we agree it is a "Good Idea". Early April..ish, maybe North Wales somewhere along the coast to make for a good ride??

Any takers still on xrv? Recommendation for a meet??

Usual format, pick a high class restaraunt (caff), ride there for around 1pm. Eat, gossip and drink tea, then ride home again, usually after 2-3 hours of gassing!

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Count me in Steve, here's hoping I am free once the date is set!

Like the high class bit - tea from china cups and saucers?

Paul
I'm sure there will, bring yer own though to be safe ;-D

It'll be good to catch up and aso to see your new steed.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi, if I'm free on the date it would be good to meet up with some like minded folk and N Wales is fine for me (as is tea in a mug :D )

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi, if I'm free on the date it would be good to meet up with some like minded folk and N Wales is fine for me (as is tea in a mug :D )
Excellent.

Dinner jacket is not required for the Luncheons, mugs are optional....

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tend to use the Raven next door. :) From my POV, great for an eve meet up...

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk 2

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Forecast for tomorrow does not look too bad at all for Mid/N Wales :-D

BBC Weather - Denbigh

I need a shakedown bimble before Ardna as I have done a few wee jobs on the Vara in the past week or so and just want to check all is happy.. That's my excuse anyway ;-)

Any interest here for a bite and a rattle at the Ponderosa on the Horseshoe pass? Time can be agreed, but probably around 12.30-1pm. Usual routine, arrive, sit, eat and talk, go home. :thumbup:

Alternative caff could be Crossgates, mid Wales. Ideal for a blast up from S.Wales or Midlands?? Possibly a bit far for the NW lads though?

All very short notice I know but....

·
Born to Slide
1,741 Posts
No can do Steve - I had an off on the bike on Saturday and hit the Tarmac pretty hard - all ok but lots of pulled muscles etc. came around a bend to see a car overtaking a bicycle coming at me - either head on or stand it up and aim for a grass bank verge - nearly made it - missed car and bicycle so that's good - I will heal no breaks or cuts but AT got a little damage / screen footpeg crashbars mirrors so some rebuilding to do after the aches go away.

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
VERY sorry to hear of your Off Angelo, crap news just as the weather is picking up too :-(

Bent bike is a pain, but it sounds as if you had a lucky escape in the end... Did the driver stop afterwards??

·
Born to Slide
1,741 Posts
Yes but only long enough to see I was ok then off he went - the cyclist call ambulance etc Police were good but we had no reg no etc. hey ho
The AT is one strong bike and a heads up for the famous Lidl Flip Front 50mph face first down the Tarmac - scratched visor and a few minor marks and that's it! Rest of my kit is good so I am ok aching and hurting but getting better.

Got away with just a small fairing crack as well so all in all looks like I was riding at the same speed as my Guardian Angel was flying!

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Sorry to hear of that too Angelo

Glad you're OK

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No can do here Steve, got to work would you believe it...
Dunno if I could swing something on Sun or Mon

Phil

sent from my 'phone
Nah! :-( YOU... working?? Shakes head in worry... ;-)

My weekend is pretty tied up now, I am going to watch/help with a cycle race in Shrewsbury on Sunday and then drilling on Monday, weather permitting. See you in Ardna I reckon?? When are you going up?

1 - 20 of 490 Posts