Honda XRV Forum banner

21 - 40 of 490 Posts

·
Geriatric Teenager
101 Posts
Steve,
Too late - only just learnt of the lunch plans, and by now you will be close to your soup course! Sorry to miss the boat.
Will see you in Ardnamurchan. I'm planning to arrive there via the Outer Hebrides and Skye. Hoping the weather holds.
Paul

·
Registered
7,674 Posts
Nah! :-( YOU... working?? Shakes head in worry... ;-)

My weekend is pretty tied up now, I am going to watch/help with a cycle race in Shrewsbury on Sunday and then drilling on Monday, weather permitting. See you in Ardna I reckon?? When are you going up?
I know, I know.
Although, I'm not entirely sure whats worse, the work or the commute :/

We are heading off next Wed evening but staying 2 nights in Glasgow. Should get to Strontian late aft on Friday :)

Phil

sent from my 'phone

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Steve,
Too late - only just learnt of the lunch plans, and by now you will be close to your soup course! Sorry to miss the boat.
Will see you in Ardnamurchan. I'm planning to arrive there via the Outer Hebrides and Skye. Hoping the weather holds.
Paul
My fault, I saw a window, and went for it... Sorry.

Lunch ended up as a cuppa tea and a bun :) See you in a week or so :thumbup:

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I know, I know.
Although, I'm not entirely sure whats worse, the work or the commute :/

We are heading off next Wed evening but staying 2 nights in Glasgow. Should get to Strontian late aft on Friday :)
I will wave as I pass over the Erskine Bridge, Phil... I am aiming to leave around 5-6 am and do it in one hit... Maybe mad, but I've done it before ;)

Commuting... to Work?? Hmmmm, that sounds BAD!

·
Registered
7,674 Posts
Ok, we start again!

Bike mot midday tomorrow (Wed) anyone up for Lunch mid aft?

We could pop to Ponderosa, Raven cafe Whitchurch or theres a cafe at J&S (Oakmere?)

Anyone fancy it ;)

Phil

sent from my 'phone

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Ok, we start again!

Bike mot midday tomorrow (Wed) anyone up for Lunch mid aft?

We could pop to Ponderosa, Raven cafe Whitchurch or theres a cafe at J&S (Oakmere?)

Anyone fancy it ;)

Phil

sent from my 'phone
If I go to J&S, I may start spending money.... TBH, I have not been up the Hill for quite a while now, so if it suits others, go for the Ponderosa. 2pm too early though for you Phil??

I do have a Council meeting later at 7pm that I can't get out of, so any will have to be within a quick return range :)

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Alas cannot make tomorrow, but "Bon appetit" anyway. Maybe next time .....

Paul
Thursday any use instead?? I am flexible and in some ways Thursday may give Phil more time??

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Enjoy yourselves

Me and Stanbloke are off to Italy on Thursday to play on 1000kms of trail riding

See you all when we get back

·
Geriatric Teenager
101 Posts
If the ride does not come off tomorrow, how about Mon, Tues or Wed next ?
Weather forecast is very good, and it gives that little bit more time for conspiring to be available.
We are allegedly gentlemen, as such these last minute proposals for lunch appear undecorous.

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Enjoy yourselves

Me and Stanbloke are off to Italy on Thursday to play on 1000kms of trail riding

See you all when we get back
Do you need a bag carrier...? ;-)

VERY jealous indeed. Would love to see the gpx tracks on your return to look at on a map. Where's yow heading?

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Weather forecast is very good, and it gives that little bit more time for conspiring to be available.
We are allegedly gentlemen, as such these last minute proposals for lunch appear undecorous.
Or both?? I maybe busy harvesting grass, if the weather plays ball.

Totally agree that we seem to be showing an unpleasant degree of haste at times, of late!

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Do you need a bag carrier...? ;-)

VERY jealous indeed. Would love to see the gpx tracks on your return to look at on a map. Where's yow heading?
Ferry to Hook of Holland, train from 'Den Bosch to Allesandria and then head for Bardonecchia. Staying in B&B till Thusrday the week after and using that as a base

Assietta, Stella, Jafferau, Finestre, Sestrier, Liguria (LGKS), Tende, Pappillion and several other tracks less famous

Then back on the train and ferry for the return

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Ferry to Hook of Holland, train from 'Den Bosch to Allesandria and then head for Bardonecchia.

Assietta, Stella, Jafferau, Finestre, Sestrier, Liguria (LGKS), Tende, Pappillion and several other tracks less famous...
Sounds even better. Hope the weather in the mountains is great.

Take a few beers on the train with you or a small bottle of what you fancy as they charge a fortune! Ear plugs are a must too ;-) The airline food is OK, but modest in quantity for hungry lads...

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Sounds even better. Hope the weather in the mountains is great.

Take a few beers on the train with you or a small bottle of what you fancy as they charge a fortune! Ear plugs are a must too ;-) The airline food is OK, but modest in quantity for hungry lads...
Will do Steve

I hope the weather picks up - it's been snow and torrential rain up there at present

Good job we got lots of practice in last year in the Pyreness in the snow

·
Registered
7,674 Posts
Paul, Paul, Paul

There appears to be a most unfortunate situation & one of which I am not entirely happy about, such that, much of my time is currently taken up with that most un-gentlemanly called work!
Hard to believe but true.

For me, Wed pm is ok but Thurs, Fri Sat and Monday is taken up with the 'W' word (then we are on holiday :cool:)

Phil

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
So Wed it is!! That hideous reality of having to get ones hands dirty seems to be prevelant at the moment. Damnable shame I say!!

Paul, we will meet again shortly... Just get this ruddy grass in a bag or under cover, and I will take some stopping... Maybe even a Gentlemans overnight trip....?

I'll probably take a meander up to a company near Nantwich to look at a pair of boots en route. Probably knock a bit of grass off in the morning, and push off 11-12ish to get to the caff for 2. :thumbup:

·
Geriatric Teenager
101 Posts
Phil,
I understand completely. I would never wish to impede anybody's activity that contributes towards funding my bus pass!
Steve,
Whether it's a lunch or a four star hotel overnighter, a gentleman needs more than five minutes notice, if only to allow one's valet time to polish one's boots and extract one's motorcycle pants from the trouser press.
Paul

·
Geriatric Teenager
101 Posts
Paul, Far be it from me to tell you how to ride, but for what it's worth, have a care going through the Parpaillon. I did it N to S a couple of years ago, 3weeks later in the year than you propose, and whilst there was no snow on the track, snow was still in the tunnel where the sun didn't shine!. The ride through was horrendous, with much slithering around. Worse, I didn't fancy the return trip and carried on. On my map it is designated a footpath and whilst I got through, it was very slow. Be sure to have a good look in the tunnel first.
Apart from that, the ride from Risoul, the service road to the ski lift, to St Anre-d'Embrun, is delightful, and it meets the track to the Parpaillon on the road to Crevoux. Just take the RH fork downhill, before you get to the top of the ski lift.
Have fun, only slightly jealous.
Paul

21 - 40 of 490 Posts