Honda XRV Forum banner

461 - 480 of 490 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Ha Ha, very good! My neighbour is up for a ride too, so looking at OP's location can I suggest a mid point between Sheffield and Northwich as an initial idea? Any preferences?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Ha Ha, very good! My neighbour is up for a ride too, so looking at OP's location can I suggest a mid point between Sheffield and Northwich as an initial idea? Any preferences?
We have a contingent from Telford end of town too. I’m proposing the “Roaches Tearooms” near Leek.
I’m quite flexible as to a date and time, there is a possibility that Spud might attend and I know Tuesday is his slackest day (or used to be); so how about Tuesday the 12th or the 19th at 12:30?

Roaches Tea Rooms, Restaurant & Holiday Cottages
Paddock Farm, Roach Road, Upper Hulme, Leek,
Staffordshire Moorlands, ST13 8TY. ENGLAND

·
Registered
33 Posts
The next ‘Gentlemen do Lunch’ is to take place at “The Roaches Tearooms” on Tuesday the 19th of February at 12:30. Perhaps a bimble afterwards.

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Can't make this. Busiest time of year for me in the run up to the end of the tax year

Enjoy, hope the weather is kind to you all

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #477 (Edited)
Cracking day to choose for us to gather Steve, thanks for kicking us collectively (and metaphorically) up the arse. The Food was not half bad, as is usually the case at the Roaches Caff, and the views were even better!!

I hope your trundle down the delights of Speed Camera Alley to Stoke was all made worthwhile by sight of your new baby...:thumbup:

I had a good run back other than that bloody low sun... Arrrrrgh!

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #480
And to pinch a line or two off the 3 Witches from Macbeth....

First Witch:
When shall we... meet again?

In thunder, lightning, or in rain?

So Gents, Where shall we meet again for the next gathering?? Sometime in April would be nice, and maybe a run into Mid Wales if we see a nice window of opportunity and none of that Thunder, Lightning, or Rain?:thumbup:

We have met successfully at the Cafe/Garage at Crossgates in Mid Wales before, but is it a stretch too far for you lads from the North West heartlands? If time allowed, there is the Rhayader dams nearby, but ALL the roads to get there are a pleasure!

There is always the Ponderosa on the Horseshoe Pass, famed for it's "demanding old climb*" from Llangollen...? Always nice grub and lots of it, but a bit bleak if the weather is crap! Couple of great little rides backroads up there instead of the main drag. (Thanks Phil!)

* So it was once described to me many years ago by a mate who never rode very far... I reckon any good road in the Alps or Pyrenees would have made him wet himself!! :rolleyes:

461 - 480 of 490 Posts